• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

/memset not working correctly for me in version 7.0 (1 Viewer)

Laeuvasu

RedCents
21¢
i tried using /memset with the plugin MQ2instamem loaded and the 7.0 version keeps crashing me out. Anyone have any info on why its doing that. or is it 1 of the plugins that isnt working correctly yet.

You broke my new rule...didn't read the thread, and then asked a question that's been answered in it.

New updates delayed til tomorrow morning, sorry to everyone else.

dice107 said:
Before with Instamem the command that I used was

/mem <name>

This one's description says it should be

/memset <name>

I CTD'd also on both cleric and shaman when I tried to

/mem buffs

But now that I've read thru it (not wanting to be the cause of delays next time, as I have the greatest amount of respect for Red and don't want the hatred of the board at me lol...) I'm ready to try /memset.

Thanks again Red

p.s. /memset <name> also CTD's
1.)Above is the only thing i can think of to be an answer to his second question, and all it is doing is restating for the THIRD time (in that thread) that instamem doesn't work.
2.)His first question is still unanswered. How is he seriously supposed to know that instamem deals with packets? (assuming he has no prior knowledge of how c++ works and hasn't looked through the source for instamem). I see nowhere in the main RedQuest thread about the reason for instamem being down is due to packet changes.
3.)We, or most of us, PAY to view this site. Is it truly OK to limit or punish people for something that they paid for? sure, you may get angry or annoyed at the unreasonable amount of people who do not read whole threads before posting, but is it 'right' to start punishing them for it? Also, maybe you should include something when someone is purchasing a subscription to this site that you are able to change the rules, within reason, as required? rather than have Ccomp starting to impose rules about getting banned/etc w/e the punishments are for posting in the wrong forums. Yes i agree with the no-flame rules, and yes i hate the people who post in the wrong forum, repeatedly, but just suck it up and move the posts to the correct forum, suck it up and edit the posts to remove the flames.

People are lazy. People don't want to read. People don't want to use the search feature. But should those people be punished because the mods are also lazy? (yes that is a reasonable assumption seeing as the only reason i can think of that ccomp would impose those 'new' "post in the correct forum" rules is because he doesn't want to move threads constantly, edit posts constantly, or have to answer questions that have been answered before. What you should have done, Red, is redirect Laeuvasu to a thread that either has a working/updated version (like Czar did) or redirected to the main RedQuest thread which you claim has all of the answers to his questions above.

My post will probably get deleted/edited, but seriously, this is a private forum (private used loosely seeing the number of people that use it) that people pay for. What would you do if you had hired a driver that asked only for money (no other demands), but then, in the middle of taking you somewhere, he decided that he will only continue driving if you let him listen to his music instead of yours (using the car stereo), you wore a pink fluffy hat, you called him on his cell phone if you wanted to talk to him even though he is in the row in front of you, and your kids couldn't ask questions you had already asked? You really couldn't do anything unless you 1.) got out of the car and went to find another driver, or 2.) followed his new demands and got to your destination. There are no other 'drivers' like redguides, so most people are 'stuck' following your demands.

If the main reason you paid for access to a forum like this was to get a precompiled version of MQ2, and it was purposely delayed by the compiler, would you continue using that forums service? If you had an appointment with a doctor to check to see if the lump on your arm is cancer, would you continue using that doctor if the doctor kept pushing it back because other patients were annoying the doctor?

Admins and Moderators are discussing it, nor was it something endorsed by any admins. We don't like the direction it's going either.

Redquest is not a moderator or admin but a generic account that is used to post the compile.

We do not wish people to be afraid to post new threads, ask questions or be in fear of flaming (little ribbing is fine if you are going to help the person).

No we are not nazi's we don't delete posts like this.

/memset not working correctly for me in version 7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back