• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Memorize spells (1 Viewer)

fearthejourney

RedCents
I know there is a simple macro out there to memorize spells because I had it a year ago when I played. What I want is something where I could type in "/memspelllist 1". Then it would memorize a certain list of spells and then of course you could create as many spell lists as you want. Thank you in advance.

That is actually built into eq. Setup your spell gems the way you want and right click on the spell book. Click save and give it a name. From then on you can /memspellset "name" and it will mem that saved spellset.

I think you can have only ten spellsets though and a macro could be built to do the same thing.

If you find the limitation of 10 spellsets is cumbersome, or like to keep your hands on the keyboard (my vote!), plugin MQ2Cast includes spellset support. See the MQ2Cast link on the distribution entry in the Strategies forum for full documentation, but here's the quick take:

/sss ##### -- save the current spell gem settings under the name #####
/ssm ##### -- load spell set #####
/ssl -- list the names of the spell sets saved via this utility

There is also a deletetion command, /ssd ##### I believe, but I never used it.

For me, typing "/ssm combat" is much faster than mouse-navigating two layers of pop-up lists. Maybe we'll get Instamem back one of these days....

fearthejourney said:
Ahhh yeah that was it. Thank you for your reply and reminding me how to do it.

Amazing how quickly people forget actual EQ functionality when handed the swiss army knife that is MQ2.

(Think it was Vladus2000 in IRC that thought you couldn't get guild info on a person in the same zone if you had /anon on..../guildinfo <playername>)

Memorize spells

Users who are viewing this thread

Back