• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Mech Guardian, chase issues (1 Viewer)

RedCents
51¢
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone might have a better mesh or something to be able to dungeon crawl through mech guardian? With the default mesh my guys get stuck on absolutely everything and I spend more time trying to get them around corners than actually fighting things.

Or maybe any tricks to make it work?

Thanks

I think a couple members edit there, and uploaded to the map database. The zone is just trash (its multiple meshe areas due to objects being placed, they also have clipping), Id do as little boxing in there as possible.

I think a couple members edit there, and uploaded to the map database. The zone is just trash (its multiple meshe areas due to objects being placed, they also have clipping), Id do as little boxing in there as possible.
and the instanced version of the zones uses "alternate states" where you can't actually mesh with meshgen

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone might have a better mesh or something to be able to dungeon crawl through mech guardian? With the default mesh my guys get stuck on absolutely everything and I spend more time trying to get them around corners than actually fighting things.

Or maybe any tricks to make it work?

Thanks
I swear I thought the title said Meth Guardian Chase Issues. Don't get old.

The instances zones can't be properly meshed because the zones use "alternate states"
@Virkilian

if your instance is something like guardian_80 for ${Zone.ShortName} it is an "alternate state" of the zone geometry, and at this time, the mesh generator doesn't handle that.

you end up with unconnected pieces like in the image below.

> mq2nav issue <

unknown.png

Thanks for the explanation. That's exactly what it does. I saw what you had posted earlier about the "alternate state" issue but didn't realize that was what the instanced zones are.

On a side note, you can get to top level and nav works well on that floor. Can full clear it but 2 mobs.

If you are wanting to stay safe and exp, that's the place to be.
This is how I used to farm that zone years ago - Get the 3rd? box so you can insta click everyone to the top floor. and farm up there with respawns. Might be 4 boxes, found this still on one of my toons. 1702193033281.png

Question - Mech Guardian, chase issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back