• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Math.Calc (1 Viewer)

My knee jerk reaction is to say that floating point math has been known in the past to result in accuracy issues. I recall discussion on this in class, but that was in 2015. I rarely use floating point math in MQ and try to stick with whole numbers whenever possible or use floating points and expect it to have a minor degree of inaccuracy.

This article appears to have been last modified March 4th of this year. https://www.baeldung.com/cs/floating-point-numbers-inaccuracy

Check section 4.1 for a specific example related to your question. Otherwise you're of course welcome to read the entire thing. Section 3.4 should explain some of it a bit related to your question.

If that article isn't to your liking simply google "Floating-point arithmetic may give inaccurate results" and bath in the 25.5 million results. Though I doubt you'll need to leave the first page to get confirmation.

Reminds me of when I was a kid in computer lab on an Apple IIe. If you asked the computer to divide by zero you would of course get an error. Right after 2 + 2 would = 5 or anything but 4. I used that trick a lot to prove computers made mistakes back then.

Problem - Math.Calc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back