• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Problem - Math.Calc (1 Viewer)

My knee jerk reaction is to say that floating point math has been known in the past to result in accuracy issues. I recall discussion on this in class, but that was in 2015. I rarely use floating point math in MQ and try to stick with whole numbers whenever possible or use floating points and expect it to have a minor degree of inaccuracy.

This article appears to have been last modified March 4th of this year. https://www.baeldung.com/cs/floating-point-numbers-inaccuracy

Check section 4.1 for a specific example related to your question. Otherwise you're of course welcome to read the entire thing. Section 3.4 should explain some of it a bit related to your question.

If that article isn't to your liking simply google "Floating-point arithmetic may give inaccurate results" and bath in the 25.5 million results. Though I doubt you'll need to leave the first page to get confirmation.

Reminds me of when I was a kid in computer lab on an Apple IIe. If you asked the computer to divide by zero you would of course get an error. Right after 2 + 2 would = 5 or anything but 4. I used that trick a lot to prove computers made mistakes back then.

Problem - Math.Calc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back