• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Mask IP? Or hide my IP? (1 Viewer)

nijhal

RedCents
10¢
Anyone know of a program that will mask my IP address? Or hide it giving a false one of my choosing? Since sony is tracking by IP, I would like to hide it. Or change it ect.

nijhal said:
Anyone know of a program that will mask my IP address? Or hide it giving a false one of my choosing? Since sony is tracking by IP, I would like to hide it. Or change it ect.

umm tracking by IP?

First, good luck finding stable BNC , and/or Free. Even pay one that will let you run that much traffic.

If you run multi chars on same computer. You'll have same IP. So you'll need multi computers, connect to multi bnc's.

Two why would sony do all that, when they just have look at log file see who was in zone and/or who looted.

I had 24 chars banned. All had game cards, different email address, some were on cable, some were on dsl, some were on t3. All banned at same time.
(some were in guild and some weren't)

pms said:
They are definately doing it. Doesn't matter why.

No, people are just guessing they are. Unless current gm-admin comes out and tells us so.

I'll give you another example.

I know two people who weren't suspended before patch, but was after patch. For something they did over month ago.

3 chars (same IP,info)....

But one char who isn't linked to other 3 in anyway at all, ip , email, guild , etc.... And who only zoned in after npc died, looted one item and left.
Was also suspened.

So again, I think this IP stuff is bs. When they don't need to do that, nor would it get all people involved.

GM's are confirming this.

Phone reps are confirming this. Yes I am the one who called about a friend's account. Yes Nijal called about his if you read the first post in another thread.

The only one making assumptions, is you.

The statement that IP bans are happening does not contradict your constant need to claim that they check logs. I'm certain you are right, and they check logs and many other things. But IP bans do exist currently. And there is no assumption.

They are doing this.

Right now, all my account names and my IP *was* being watched.

The 6 accounts I bought over this past weekend, all banned. 3 of which were all level 1 and didnt loot or sell or trade anything, hell didnt even move after I made them. I was leveling up one toon at a time and using monkbug to get each toon from 50 to 75 one at a time.

Like I said, the other three accounts has not moved from being created. No items traded, no grouping, nothing they were banned too.

On top of that a Sony Rep and a GM told me my accounts and IP are flagged to be watched and they are watching.

So no theres no guessing. It is fact.

Maybe they did go by IP, but don't say Sony said it, cause they didn't.

The CS rep I talked to when I asked about my bazaar mules, said and I quote...

They were logged on from your IP address

Yes they did say it, yes they are doing it.

Hide your head in the sand if you want, but thats why I keep changing my IP address ever couple hours while I am playing.

And they way I got 14 million pltainum (not items actual platinum) without trades is simple. But, sorry I am not giving that info out. Cause I screwed up by still loggin them in from the same IP address. Now, I have a seperate IP address in the form of dialup just for my bazaar mules.

Hint, think money laundering.

Mask IP? Or hide my IP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back