• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - maps (1 Viewer)

Sounds like the folder structure might be off and the game isn't recognizing the Brewall folder. The folder structure should be Everquest->Maps->Brewall, with all the custom maps in the brewall folder. Make sure you dont have an extra folder layer there.

make sure your out of game, also make sure your maps are not in a subfolder. C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\maps

i didn't know maps would work in a subfolder

@jamie75 is correct that you shouldn't be in game when the maps are installed. The game loads the map file while you are in game and won't overwrite your existing zone, or load the existing zone while you are in the zone. You should camp out to character select screen at a minimum (on all characters if you are boxing) and then install the maps. Ensure that layer 1 is visible as that is the default layer for maps, with layer 2 being the MQ2 layer (which shows your spawns location/names/radius' etc) In some zones, like POK it will be drawn on the base layer.

I've never personally used an alternate map setup (IE: I've never used a sub-folder)

It's also possible that maps as a sub-folder may not read spaces in the file names. This is typical behavior for things such as macro's where it can't have a multi-word file name and you may possibly need to remove any spaces in the name of the file and exchange them for underscores _ or remove the space all together and just have it as one word.

Question - maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back