• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Map wayponts and compas marker or arrow (1 Viewer)

thenameless

RedCents
594¢
I was wondering if, similar to an addon for WoW, if something like it existed for EQ.
A way of adding and removing waypoints to a map and having a marker on the compas or an arrow pointing to the waypoint to follow with a distance meter
if this doesnt exsist, it would be a great feature so you wouldnt have to warp to a location especally in populated zones

There's no way to make it appear on your compass that I know of, but you can easily make Waypoints on your map if you wish by just editing the map in game.

is there anyway to add waypoints to maps with some sort of editor outside of the game?
like using the co-ords of a object and then adding a label without having to go find the object first in game?

Running the first mission during escape to norrath, it did show a line on the compass to guide you to the first mob. That said, EQ has the ability to do this, but is it serverside or not. Also, this is the only time in EQ you will probably see it.

I would like to see that fancy "find" line thing used if possible. If the nodes for creating the path are saved local in a world file it might work.. Oh and if nodes are local, how about a way to show nodes so we can find more pathing exploits?

You can edit maps with a simple text editor like notepad. Open a map file and you can easily tell the format, but I think it's coords - text.

Open up a map of the zone you're in, then go to your map and make a new marker labelled with a word you'll remember. Now open up the map text file and find the marker you created and compare that marker's coords to the coords you get with /loc command and you'll see the syntax.

Mallaien said:
I would like to see that fancy "find" line thing used if possible. If the nodes for creating the path are saved local in a world file it might work.. Oh and if nodes are local, how about a way to show nodes so we can find more pathing exploits?

Find path to PC is a group leadership AA. Other group leadership AA's are hacked in docrack, I don't see why this one couldn't be hacked to be usable on your target, whether it's PC or NPC.

There are hacks to /follow PC or NPC, so this one should be able to cross the barrier.

What I was asking about, for nodes, is the Path information the games AI uses to get to you. if there was a way to show that info, like some 3D games can convert there view to wireframe. in Half Life 2 you can use a console command to highlight pathing nodes.

There is a way to make the compass waypoint point to whatever. I wrote a plugin that did it. Is available on MMOBugs.

Far as the yellow findpath thing, that is generated server side. With server side verification for if the intended spawn is actually "findable"

- Galuvwen

Map wayponts and compas marker or arrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back