• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Map / CTD (1 Viewer)

Veteran Assling

RedCents
11¢
Looking for some help please on 2 different things,

1) my map does not list the zone names by the zone when i use mq2, but it does without mq2, any reason for that, or 'Easy' fix for that please?

2) i CTD or get a eq error and boots me 90% of the time when i windows out or camp to char select to switch toons.

i use Thez.6.0.

any help is greatly appreciated, and if explained in lamer terms would be even more appreciated (i have a hard time just finding my proper mq2 file hah)

If you loaded a fresh compile of mq2, you will need to turn some features back on in the map. One of those is /mapfilter normallabels. That will put all the labels for zones, named spawn locs, etc back on the map.
As for the booting, are you switching between accounts at logout and back in? I CTD every time i try that unless i shut the game down entirely first.
Alt-Tab to desktop has caused tons of people grief whether they use mq2 or not. Eq has NEVER liked working properly if you alt-tab out to desktop and back. Most of the time, it works just fine for me, but others, i crash and have to reload Eq.
Only way you can find out is see if it repeats whether you have mq2 loaded or not. If it does, then load mq2 and start reducing what is causing the problems. Unload plugins, etc till you figure out where the problem is.
To find out what plugins you have loaded, use /plugin list
That will show you what plugins are running.
To unload them, use /plugin (plugin name) unload.

1) my map does not list the zone names by the zone when i use mq2, but it does without mq2, any reason for that, or 'Easy' fix for that please?

Look for mapfilter. If the options you get just by typing "/mapfilter" don't explain enough, go to the first page of my thread, and go to the wiki for MQ2Map. It will explain everything you need.

For hte CTDs...are you using WinEQ? If you aren't, you should be.

It's under mapfilter like thez said, I believe the correct command is /mapfilter normallabels

Hope it works.

Lol it's too early. Exactly what shadowman said to do. Sorry.

Map / CTD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back