• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Make tons of plat by becomming your own blackmarket (1 Viewer)

Racecar

RedCents
Earlier this week I decided to test a Hypothesis. The hypothesis is that people only check the blackmarket if their faction broker doesn't have the item for a reasonable price, and that items for classes not part of your faction go for much less.

I have to say that this experiment has been a bigger success than I imagined. Here is what I did:

-My main character is of good alignment in Qeynos. I made an alternate character in Freeport and got off the newbie isle.

-I parked my Freeport alt next to the broker in East Freeport. I would check for class skill books for classes exclusive to Freeport. For instance, I would check for skill books lvl 20-30 for Brigands, Defilers, Shadowknights etc.

-After writing down the choice prices I would log on my Qeynos character and check the prices of the skillbooks for the same classes. I bought all that were signifigantly cheaper.

-Now here comes the trick. I would log in my Freeport char and camp him at the blackmarket seller in East Freeport. I would then log in my Qeynos character and put all of the items up for sale in my vault for 10cp each. Then I would log the Freeport character back on and buy up all the items I just listed. There is a small danger that someone else could buy it before you can, but I've never had that happen yet. We are talking about a 30 second window here.

-The 40% increase ontop of 10cp is nothing so you aren't losing any money in the transaction. I would then go and sell the items with my freeport character for a reasonable amount.

This may sound like a lot of work, but I made 6pp in 3 days, which isn't bad for a lvl 20 character. The reason it works is because people don't check the blackmarket if they can find an item for a reasonable price on their own broker, and even if they do check it, by exploiting the blackmarket system you can come in cheaper than the 40% markup and still make a profit. In essence you become your own importer/exporter.

The only hard part is getting the money back to your Qeynos character. You need to trust a third party for this, or just do what I do and make a mega Freeport twink. Nothing like having a 10p horse at lvl 10!

As an example, here is what I did last night:
-Checked the freeport broker for Rake, Ruse, Cut Throat, Assasin's Mark, Revulsion and Lifetap.
-I noticed that Ruse, Revulsion and Lifetap weren't even on the broker. The rest were selling in the 2-5g range for Adept 1's.
-I logged in my Qeynos character and bought Rake, Ruse, Lifetap, and Cut Throat for a combined total of 2g.
-I listed each of the above for 10cp each, logged in my Freeport char and bought all of my own books.
-I put each of the books up for sale at around 2g each. Within 1 hour I had made 6g profit (8g for the sale - 2g in expenses).

Last edited:
This would work even better if you had a friend helping you or a second account.

I'm going to try this.

Also, I'm not sure EXACTLY how the brokers work, but a good idea of getting the money back would be listing a trash item for a very high price and buying it on the character with the money.

With the recent patch they allow mailing between Freeport and Qeynos, so you no longer need to use this trick.

Just buy it on your Qeynos character and mail it to your Freeport character. This is going to open up a lot of plat making opportunities.

Make tons of plat by becomming your own blackmarket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back