• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Make Submission Forums...Private? (1 Viewer)

SandLOL

RedCents
11¢
A lot of different exploit sites are stealing the submitted stuff from the free submission forums, so why not make the forums private for only the members but each individuals thread to be viewable only by the original author and members.

Just my 18 cents!

There are many things that needs to be considered. There are good and bad things about going both ways:

Good:
Harder for twats to steal our stuff ofc

Bad:
None members cant see what it takes to join.
(When I joined back in the days I looked at on going threads that was about to be desided on to see what ppl where interrested in. Then I stole some other apps idear about how to get a illusion mask in EQ1 and made a mega thread on how to get all illusion mask that i knew how to get, well you prolly know what i mean)

there are other stuff too, this is just what came to me as i was reading your post.

Im not saying that its a bad idear, im just saying we need to talk this over and find the best way to do this...

- decker

I agree with decker.. If we totally remove free submission forums, new peolpe who comes wont know what they are paying / applying for..

However, we cant keep on like we are now, we must do something about edge stealing threads from forum..

I have said this before to the mods/admins.

The main reason for keeping it the way it is is to let non-members or new/deciding members see what we have to offer without showing them the inside stuff.

We could move the submissions to a private forum and then create an example area where we release a few old things.

Generel said:
I have said this before to the mods/admins.

The main reason for keeping it the way it is is to let non-members or new/deciding members see what we have to offer without showing them the inside stuff.

As I said before.. generel, tbh would you like the stuff you see in our free forum?

All good threads get inside asap, and all that is left is crap, which wasnt accepted.. othing to see tbh.

I like alucard's idea... We could just edit out the threads we let in to get the point across of what it's supposed to look like but without the key info... ?

Thats what we do Emo.

The thread gets put into the members area, and the title remains. Usually the title says what it is "get 10epics an hour!!!!!" and then people know thats inside and they want it.

-The Big G

Generel said:
Thats what we do Emo.

The thread gets put into the members area, and the title remains. Usually the title says what it is "get 10epics an hour!!!!!" and then people know thats inside and they want it.

-The Big G

Some topics are quite confusing, or after a while a useless trick with useless topic becomes great advantage :P

Thats what we do Emo.

-The Big G

Thats not what I meant... I meant they can't see any of the submissions at all and then we publish the ones we let in without actually giving away the "secret" trick. If you understand what I'm getting out.

IamNotEmo said:
Thats not what I meant... I meant they can't see any of the submissions at all and then we publish the ones we let in without actually giving away the "secret" trick. If you understand what I'm getting out.

NotEmo, you mean like:

Topic: How to get 400g per hour

Hey guys, here comes imba trick!
All you need is an character over level 40 and a [Editted]
Then use it on [Editted] And enjoy!

Thats would be good idea imo, to just edit threads, so they cant understand whole trick, but will get general idea.

One thing came across my mind.. We have an "insider" who steals threads too, since Deckers thread which was stolen was never in free sub forum...

Make Submission Forums...Private?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back