• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Mage pet tank (1 Viewer)

flatbread

RedCents
Hey all - completely new to the whole set up.

I've got my 2box mage on macroquest, but can't get his pet to engage mobs as the tank. Pulling with a bard...mobs comes in and the pet turns to face the incoming mob, but never attacks.

Any ideas as to how I'm being stupid?

Challenge: Pet is set to "taunt" and "guard".
Do have pet targeted when I launch kissassist

Halp!

- - - Updated - - -

Also...do have pet focus off, and pet hold off.

Little bugger will NOT attack incoming mobs.

Pets can't tank yet you have manually operate them. I will see if I can get the Pettank role running in Kiss 7. And no pullerpettank coming in KA7 either

Pets can't tank yet you have manually operate them. I will see if I can get the Pettank role running in Kiss 7. And no pullerpettank coming in KA7 either

Okay, thanks. Surprised by that...with how huge Mages are in the current game, I'd have thought that'd be in there.

At least it wasn't me being a dumbass =)

Id be happy to just have everyone get out of melee range once the pet is engaged! My mage likes to stand on top of the pet, which is not good for his health.

Id be happy to just have everyone get out of melee range once the pet is engaged! My mage likes to stand on top of the pet, which is not good for his health.

You could probably do this by popping the pet push into your DPS mix. It should fling the mob forward away from the mage. I haven't tried that, so let me know if it works.

Why not just add a custom include/routine? Something like:
Rich (BB code):
:MainLoop
blahblah
blahblah
/call Assist
/call PetTank
/call Combat
blahblah
/goto :MainLoop

Then your routine or include:
Rich (BB code):
Sub PetTank
/if (${Me.Invis}||${Me.Feigning}||!${Me.Pet.ID}) /return
/if (${Math.Distance[${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].Y},${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].X},${Spawn[${MyTargetID}].Z}:${CampYLoc},${CampXLoc},${CampZLoc}]}<=${CombatRadius} && !${Me.Pet.Following.ID}) {
	/if (${Target.ID}!=${MyTargetID}) /squelch /tar id ${MyTargetID}
	/pet attack
	}
/if (${MyTargetID}==${Target.ID} && ${Target.ID}  && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance}<30 && ${Select[${Role},pettank,pullerpettank]}) {
	/face fast
	/keypress back hold
	/delay 2s ${Target.Distance}>30
	/keypress forward
	}
/return

So that would send the pet whenever your kill target gets within your CombatRadius of your camp and you will /move back from mob whenever it is within 30 range.

EDIT: added pettank checks to the /keypress back so regular dudes dont back away.

Question - Mage pet tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back