• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Mage Optimization (1 Viewer)

RedCents
47¢
The only alt I run is a mage. My main is a wizard. Wizard optimization is fairly simple as ALL their damage comes from the source of a nuke. Therefore, anything that affects spell damage is a wizard's bread and butter and who cares about anything else?

Mage, lack luster nukes, swarm pet mania, main pet drudgery.

I know the obvious. Mash button = Swarm Pet -> Twincast -> Of Many -> Chaotic -> Spear -> Force of Element.

While Megadeath would up my spell damage and count as optimization, it's only a percentage of the total damage. I'll get it eventually, but I'm not quite prepared for that kind of time sink for an alt. (Even though this alt raids)

I keep near my pile of pets so Arcane Distillect plays its role, and I obviously keep casting my of many nuke to keep my swarm pets proc buffed. My EM is 31, but who cares since you basically get close to max with 27. My AAs are 47k and only shooting for main nukes focuses.

Other than that, is there something large I'm missing in terms of damage upgrade for mages specifically? I try to use my voidfrost and other click damage, but it does little to up my dps since it doesn't even crit. And the two click rods for servant/minion don't seem to do enough to justify wasting time casting them.

Thanks for any advice.

Liveye

Thanks for any advice.

Liveye

Looks like you've got it well covered. Only things I don't see mentioned is Frenzied Burnout for the main pet and mage fire aura self-buff.

Otherwise, in raid are you triggering on Druid and Enchanter DPS enhancers? If you have a pile of swarm pets out there and your chanter hits IOG and Haze your Of Many spell can put up a huge number!

Question - Mage Optimization

Users who are viewing this thread

Back