• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Macroquest Crashing (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,629¢
Has anyone else had Macroquest crashing for no apparent reason. I will attach the error message the next time it does it. The only thing I am doing is sitting in guild hall buffing guildies. It doesn't happen on every account either. Sometimes it is 1, next 3, next time 2 or 4 or more. I have noticed that it is not just the name of the toon in the margin above the GUI it says "ToonName.cazic (Lvl: 120 Class) Palatial Hall 6097. And if you hover over the bottom windows on the the task bar, it s says "ToonName" (Lvl:120 Class Guildhalllrg_int). Have never seen this before and, as I said, I will send the crash error message when one of my accounts crashes again. When it shows this message about the toon on the taskbar, I am unable to get on the screen until it finally just crashes which is the message that I need to get for you. Thanks. ***All of these toons were logged in using the Macroquest Profile INI file.

Attachments

• NewCrashMessage.jpg
    NewCrashMessage.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I saw it happening a decent bit on the emulator servers until I disabled all luclin models. After that I haven't really crashed at all.
What are Luclin Models and if I am having to ask this question is it most likely I don't have them loaded?

P.S. I am still unable to get your Guild Buff Assistant Lua to load. I tried your suggestion to load Lua first but that didn't help.

What are Luclin Models and if I am having to ask this question is it most likely I don't have them loaded?

P.S. I am still unable to get your Guild Buff Assistant Lua to load. I tried your suggestion to load Lua first but that didn't help.
the Lua issue is a known issue in MQ atm, and is the one i mentioned to you in the guild buff assistant thread here https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/guild-buff-assistant.86680/post-564789

luclin models are the character race models that were introduced in the luclin expansion. if you don't know what they are you probably have them on. that's primarily an emu only issue related to client memory.. if you're on live that probably isn't related to crashing.

the Lua issue is a known issue in MQ atm, and is the one i mentioned to you in the guild buff assistant thread here https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/guild-buff-assistant.86680/post-564789

luclin models are the character race models that were introduced in the luclin expansion. if you don't know what they are you probably have them on. that's primarily an emu only issue related to client memory.. if you're on live that probably isn't related to crashing.
Thank you very much!

Here is the second Crash Message that I am getting all the time now and of course at the worst time.

Attachments

• Crash Pic #2.jpg
    Crash Pic #2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 14
this is non-stop crashing. Not sure what is causing it but if I am not using RedGuides in any manner ...it doesn't crash. So, any suggestions would be awesome.
I dont know the error ID's, make sure you dont have overlays on, or a new sound/gpu driver, your the pushing report here, so it seems something unique to you. crash dmp's are auto submitted, and are reviewed by the devs (holiday week, so give the volunteers a break). also, to make it easier, if your going to manual submit can ctrl + C to copy the actual text and paste that (hard to read and transcribe the snip).

I dont know the error ID's, make sure you dont have overlays on, or a new sound/gpu driver, your the pushing report here, so it seems something unique to you. crash dmp's are auto submitted, and are reviewed by the devs (holiday week, so give the volunteers a break). also, to make it easier, if your going to manual submit can ctrl + C to copy the actual text and paste that (hard to read and transcribe the snip).
You know what ....thank you very much ...I didn't even think about me updating my NVIDIA Drivers yesterday. I hate it when they put that damn game overlay that you can't even see but I know it is there and I forgot to turn it off. I did that and hopefully there will be no more wipes because my healer decided we needed to take a dirt nap. :) :angel:

Well, it was a good thought. It is still crashing. :argh:

Last edited:
I am going to attach a log file written after the last crash and maybe someone smarter than me can tell me what they may or may not see. I had to put them in zip folder. These are the last two dumps that crashed my game. Not sure what all this has to do with it, but you guys are a lot smarter than me reading this stuff. Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I am unable to connect to the bccmd server EQBCS

Attachments

• MacroQuest-Launcher-20230703T165106.102490Z.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I am going to attach a log file written after the last crash and maybe someone smarter than me can tell me what they may or may not see. I had to put them in zip folder. These are the last two dumps that crashed my game. Not sure what all this has to do with it, but you guys are a lot smarter than me reading this stuff.
this isn't even for everquest. it says "macroquest launcher"

All the information I could possibly want for this is in the crash dump, and it tells me nothing, because its happening in your driver.

I am going to attach a log file written after the last crash and maybe someone smarter than me can tell me what they may or may not see. I had to put them in zip folder. These are the last two dumps that crashed my game. Not sure what all this has to do with it, but you guys are a lot smarter than me reading this stuff.
unless you manually disabled it, the devs get copies of the crash log write man, Brain said your audio drive is killing it.

Not programmer talk, if you have a wireless headset, or a mic/headphones that are being swapped/used/audio in general fucks with EQ bad (seen less in win 11). sam as vid drivers and full screen/windowed, PC going to sleep..

unless you manually disabled it, the devs get copies of the crash log write man, Brain said your audio drive is killing it.

Not programmer talk, if you have a wireless headset, or a mic/headphones that are being swapped/used/audio in general fucks with EQ bad (seen less in win 11). sam as vid drivers and full screen/windowed, PC going to sleep..
Nothing has changed, no audio driver updates. I did update my NVDIA Drivers on both of my 1080 Ti Cards but that was it. No overlay is loaded. I will update all my drivers tomorrow as I just looked and my BIOS is not even current. I guess getting old is catching up with me. I am embarrassed to say that they have updated the BIOS 3 times since I built my Raging Gaming Machine. I can play all 14 of my accounts at the same time without any lag. Pretty nice for a 3 year old system. Thanks for all the help guys. It is always truly appreciated.

I have simple Bose speakers ...nothing fancy ...just right and left sound. The only two things that I have done to my system recently is setup BattleNet so I can play Call of Duty and I updated my Video Drivers for my Dual 1080Ti cards. I downloaded all the most current drivers for everything I have and will get it all done tomorrow. Thanks again as always. :angel::angel::angel:

Nothing has changed, no audio driver updates. I did update my NVDIA Drivers on both of my 1080 Ti Cards but that was it. No overlay is loaded. I will update all my drivers tomorrow as I just looked and my BIOS is not even current. I guess getting old is catching up with me. I am embarrassed to say that they have updated the BIOS 3 times since I built my Raging Gaming Machine. I can play all 14 of my accounts at the same time without any lag. Pretty nice for a 3 year old system. Thanks for all the help guys. It is always truly appreciated.
NVidia drivers contain an audio component.

Thanks for all of your assistance my friends and collegues! It turned out, believe it our not, to be a MSI Onboard Audio (I have an ASUS Motherboard) file called Nahmic. This program, which runs in the background in your 100's of processes already running in the background is something that some brilliant person decided to include in many other updates to drivers and files. This file is call is known to interfere with GUI interfaces of some gaming platforms and that includes Everquest and caused Macroquest to crash and burn. As I said, I have a ASUS ROG Strix TRX40E Gaming Motherboard and not an MSI. But, if anyone else has this issue, check your system processes running in the background for the Nahmic file and you can delete it, disable it, or remove it ...the choice is yours. I just chose to disable it and not have it start when I start my PC, and leave it at that for now. Thanks again for all of you that replied to help me figure it out.

There was a patch/fix for this in MQ2 (prior to Next/MQ i think) in the RG launcher a ways back. year or two? I remember seeing it being a thing because my ASUS laptop uses Nahmic as well and had issues until the patch fixed it. Maybe the root cause has reared its head again, either something in MQ or the Nahmic drivers?

Thanks for all of your assistance my friends and collegues! It turned out, believe it our not, to be a MSI Onboard Audio (I have an ASUS Motherboard) file called Nahmic. This program, which runs in the background in your 100's of processes already running in the background is something that some brilliant person decided to include in many other updates to drivers and files. This file is call is known to interfere with GUI interfaces of some gaming platforms and that includes Everquest and caused Macroquest to crash and burn. As I said, I have a ASUS ROG Strix TRX40E Gaming Motherboard and not an MSI. But, if anyone else has this issue, check your system processes running in the background for the Nahmic file and you can delete it, disable it, or remove it ...the choice is yours. I just chose to disable it and not have it start when I start my PC, and leave it at that for now. Thanks again for all of you that replied to help me figure it out.
The you get warned that nahimic is know to cuaw conflicts, and would have intentionally dismissed that warning.

Problem - Macroquest Crashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back