• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

macro request (1 Viewer)

grog

RedCents
anyone have a macro laying around that watches for an event in chat, and then updates something in an ini file?

(ie one that looks for soandso has been slain then updates an ini to reflect that.)

What are you trying to accomplish with this, keeping track of names of mobs youve killed? Number of mobs killed? It would be easy enough to make an event to do that, but what are you trying to track.

HardOne said:
What are you trying to accomplish with this, keeping track of names of mobs youve killed? Number of mobs killed? It would be easy enough to make an event to do that, but what are you trying to track.
I would prefer something flexible ~ something that could be adapted to track xp messages, mez break messages (recording who broke a mez and how many times, number of times each person in range at a raid dies.. etc.

if you have something that can just show me the basic setup, I should be able to adapt it easily enough, I'm just not having much luck setting it up initiallly because I suck.

TurkReno said:
Sounds like something like this could be used to track idiots on your raids, lol =)

Post what you have and I'm sure someone here will help you fix it up.
exactly.

raiding at the moment, but I'll dig up what I had done after I'm done here.

raid is running way over because people keep doing stupid shit, such a pain, I have no idea why I actually agreed to lead raids =p

I know it involves declaring an events and having /ini called in the event sub, but I fail at actually turning abstract knowledge in to a workable thing.

That would be cool, actually; record everytime someone dies on a raid, and then every 3 or 4 months post an MRTG-ish graph. Would make for some good fun in /gu or Teamspeak or Ventrilo.

got mq2events up and working... I have it setting off events properly given messages and chat, and writing to ini files - but how do you capture the name of the mezbreakee? (also, how do you get value to = value + 1? I can only seem to use /ini to write exact values, not incremental.)

Rich (BB code):
[mezbreak]
trigger=#*#has been awakened by #1#
command=/multiline ; /if (!${Defined[#1#]}) /declare #1# int outer 0 ; /varcalc #1# ${#1#}+1 ; /ini "mezzes.ini" "breakers" "#1#" "${#1#}"

Untested, but I think that'll work.

it increments properly, but doesn't actually grab the name of the mezbreaker. poking through the mq manual, but I'm not sure how to address it.

this should be useful, teehee.

even with the period, it still shows up as

Rich (BB code):
[breakers]
#1#=3

in the log. It just occured to me that it could be just not recording the name when you break your own mez, I'll check that.

Rich (BB code):
[mezbreak]
trigger=#*#has been awakened by #1#.
command=/multiline ; /declare #1# int outer ; /if (!${#1#}>=1) /varset ${#1#} 0 ; /varcalc #1# ${#1#}+1 ; /ini "mezzes.ini" "breakers" "#1#" "${#1#}"

The problem is that I don't know if you can use the #1# in the ways I'm trying to use it. Maybe add an /echo before it does the ini.

So... /varcalc blah ; /echo #1# = ${#1#} ; /ini blah

looks messy, but might work
Rich (BB code):
[mezbreak]
trigger=#*#has been awakened by #1#
command=/multiline ; /if (!${Defined[${#1#}]}) /declare ${#1#}count int outer 0 ; /varcalc ${#1#}count ${${#1#}count}+1 ; /ini "mezzes.ini" "breakers" "${#1#}" "${${#1#}count}"

macro request

Users who are viewing this thread

Back