• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Macro folder missing (1 Viewer)

Apothicarian

RedCents
675¢
Hi all! I decided to try the switch from KA to MQ2Mule tonight. Having trouble getting it to actually work, so I decided I was going to try to import the old KA files I was using; however, the Macro folder has vanished from my release folder. I did a search for the files and it found the shortcuts, but there is no path and they don't work...guessing that's because something crazy happened to the Macro folder that was once there. I tried hitting the "reinstall" button on the launcher but the file folder still isn't there. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a thread on this already that I'm missing to figure it out? TIA for any help with this. :)

Hi all! I decided to try the switch from KA to MQ2Mule tonight. Having trouble getting it to actually work, so I decided I was going to try to import the old KA files I was using; however, the Macro folder has vanished from my release folder. I did a search for the files and it found the shortcuts, but there is no path and they don't work...guessing that's because something crazy happened to the Macro folder that was once there. I tried hitting the "reinstall" button on the launcher but the file folder still isn't there. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a thread on this already that I'm missing to figure it out? TIA for any help with this. :)
Does this sound like possibly you have installed mq2 to more than 1 location? and the location you have your launcher to is not the location you think?

Thank you for the help guys :) It was a little bit of both actually. My "app data" folder was hidden in the original files so I was having trouble finding the path w/o launching the folder from MQ2 itself. I found it myself and the macro folder is in there. So, I think there might be a second place it is installed to and now the folder that opens when I use the "Open MQ2 folder" points to that one instead of the old one. I'm not sure how that happened. I don't remember installing it twice. Would it be best to just uninstall all of it and start over so I only have one place for the files? I'm afraid if I just delete the files that don't include the macro folder I will mess up the paths to something in the launcher. ??? Hmmmm.....

Thank you for the help guys :) It was a little bit of both actually. My "app data" folder was hidden in the original files so I was having trouble finding the path w/o launching the folder from MQ2 itself. I found it myself and the macro folder is in there. So, I think there might be a second place it is installed to and now the folder that opens when I use the "Open MQ2 folder" points to that one instead of the old one. I'm not sure how that happened. I don't remember installing it twice. Would it be best to just uninstall all of it and start over so I only have one place for the files? I'm afraid if I just delete the files that don't include the macro folder I will mess up the paths to something in the launcher. ??? Hmmmm.....
you can just go to your settings tab on the VV launcher and then point it to the release folder you want it to point to

1611940158989.png

Question - Macro folder missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back