• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

macpaint issue (1 Viewer)

maggie

RedCents
hello peeps...any help greatly appreciated,after purchasing a new pc iam getting a new file extension when i save macros.instead of showing up macroquest macro it will show up macpaint image file...any ideas please reply...thanks

what program are you using to open them with? I use notepad, and all I do is change to all files, and then save as macro.mac and it works fine. if you dont have any trouble using the macros, I wouldnt even sweat it.

Just right click on it say open with and tehn check the box for always use this to open this file

Or if you actually use .mac movies tehn you can just do it the one time and tell it to open with notepad when you are editing

If it's a bother for you, it's simple enough to fix the file open issue.

Right click on the file, choose Open With -> Choose Program

In the window there will be a list of programs that can open the file type. Choose the one you want and click Always use this program to open....

Alternately, you can go into Tools -> Folder Options Click the 'File Types' tab and scroll through the list till you find MAC. Highlight it, then in the lower pane click Change and select whichever editor you prefer to open the file. Save it and voila. Now when you want to create a new macro, all you need do is File -> New -> MAC Paint file and your editor will open and you'll have the same few lines you did when it said Macroquest macro as the file type. Existing macro files will also open normally with your editor.

If for some reason you ever change your mind you can always restore it to the default settings for MAC paint by clicking Restore.

There's a way to edit the name of the file in the menu but I was never that bothered by it to do it. If it ain't broke don't fix it...

Cade said:
Same. It has the Macpaint icon and says it opens with macpaint, but when I double click them they open with Notepad++.

Do you have issues with Notepad++ lagging if you have EQ running? Mine is really bad.

macpaint issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back