• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Lvl 39 twinks where it's at (1 Viewer)

crackz

RedCents
Level 39 twinks can take people far ahead of their competitors - and here's why:

Introduction of epics

Level 35 is the first time a player can equip epics. However, every single epic with a level req. below 40 is a random world drop - which means that although you'll need plenty of gold, the payoff is huge because non-twink players will hardly ever have an epic. Ever tried fighting a warlock with two (yes, two) Underworld Bands? Well, it's not visually apparent- but you'll notice during the fight, if you know what I'm saying. This ring is one of the larger reasons people hate twinks. Or maybe a hunter with The Bow of Searing Arrows., which actually has more dps than level 51 greens. There are 4 pieces of armor and 6 weapons, which means that there should be at least one for your class- if not two or three. These items could be even better with:

Post-BC Enchants

These are enchants requiring higher than 300 skill to learn, but to compensate for their effectiveness they are only applicable to level 35+ items. Level 35+ items? sounds familiar? How 'bout splurging on your rogue and get a mongoose enchant that occaisionally grants 120 agility and increases attack speed. Hell, get it for both your weapons. And if both of the weapons enchants were activated? Well, let's just say I wish I had the Iso mod(tm, lol) to calculate that pwnage. Now tell me what mage wouldn't crave Sunfire, which increases fire and arcane damage by 54 on their Staff of Jordan. And when you see that warlock with a Soulfrost enchant, which increases shadow damage by 54, along with their Underworld Bands, you better hope you have a Boar's Speed enchant to boots, which increases movement speed and gives 9 stamina.

These are two overwhelmingly good reasons to pursue a 39 twink of your dreams in pretty much any class. The stats difference just piles up to the point where non-twinks, of which there are quite a few in level 39 BGs, can be completely destroyed.

Burned out on BC? Get that level 70 main farming, get that twink leveling, and watch PvP destruction like you've never seen it.

The actual game, as it was intended to be played should have been fun and more interesting. Twinking shouldn't have been as popular as it was.

Twinking does take some practice and a butt-load of money. Rogues are the best or a pally. I think that lvl 19 twinks are my least favorite becasue when u are that low of a lvl u dont have as many attacks as if u were a lvl 37.

I love twinking!

Nothing ignites nerd rage more than the knowledge that their main is beeing ripped to pieces by the tenth alt of some lvl 70...

love it

Twinking to me is proof that WoW is a shitty game.

Even though twinking took a break during bc when ppl were lvling, its back with more money for weapons and gear. The only reason u dont like twinking Khatib is that u are usally being slain arent u?

Even though twinking took a break during bc when ppl were lvling, its back with more money for weapons and gear. The only reason u dont like twinking Khatib is that u are usally being slain arent u?

No, I started playing on launch day, and there were no BGs when I was in my lowbie levels. Once there were BGs, I didn't bother with them til I hit the level cap. Twinking is all about picking on undergeared newbs. It's like using typed in cheats in a single player game. I don't get the point.

It's like using typed in cheats in a single player game. I don't get the point.
Single player games dont scream obscenities, threaten to beat you up IRL and spam /report when you keep the game from ending for hours on end.

the SP game also isn't twinked out 100x more richly than you could ever bother to be.

I was able to make a perfectly acceptable 39 "twink" for under 50 GP total investment (mage in full +fire greens). With the money I earned levelling and picking herbs, I came out ~75 GP ahead overall. And if I could do it, someone who actually CARED could probably do MUCH better.

pms

Single player games dont scream obscenities, threaten to beat you up IRL and spam /report when you keep the game from ending for hours on end.

the SP game also isn't twinked out 100x more richly than you could ever bother to be.

I was able to make a perfectly acceptable 39 "twink" for under 50 GP total investment (mage in full +fire greens). With the money I earned levelling and picking herbs, I came out ~75 GP ahead overall. And if I could do it, someone who actually CARED could probably do MUCH better.

pms

I spent about 6k+ between Runned and Aboo for my 39 and 49 twinks, but it was well worth it and I got a few good picture stories out of the deal. I never made the twinks so that I could one shot poor people, I made them to improve my survivability in game which made it a lot easier to do what I did enjoy most (getting tells from my own team calling me a gaybo, getting tells from the other team who bought second accounts just so they can call me a gaybo.).

LOVE THE TWINKS

Levelled a lock up to 39, 2 Underworld Bands, SoJ with 40 Sp Dmg, Necromancer's Pants with Runic Spellthread (25 sp dmg, 15 sta), mageweave gloves with 20 sp dmg, blah blah blah....

It's so much fun to drain tank someone til Shadow Trance procs, Tab target someone else, pwn his face, then finish off the original target.

It's also tons of fun to stand back and launch SBs that land for 550 and crit for 800. Good times....

I think that if it were not for my twink, I would have quit WoW a long time ago.

One of my good RL friends was really into twinking in the 29 bracket pre-tbc. He said it was by far the most fun PvP he had in WoW as when you would get two groups of twinks together the combat would actually last a good while and require a bit more work than the usual wham bam and thank you ma'am it was at 60. *shrug* He said it sucked when the other guys weren't twinks though as they were just fodder and stood no chance against any of the twinks.

I personally like twinking a lot because I don't have the time to raid all day for nice level 70 gear.

I started playing wow about 3 weeks after TBC came out. On my way to level 70 I had a LOT of fun in battlegrounds because not too many people were bothering to make twinks at that moment. Though, by the time I reached level 70 everything changed.. everybody was fully epic geared and would one-shot my 6,5k hp butt.
Also in lower levelled battlegrounds 4/5th of the people were twinked out and would own me too easily.

So I, as many others, started twinking too because I'm such a fan of lower levelled battlegroudns, but the only way to really be able to actually compete there is to twink too.

What I'm trying to say is that most of you think we just twink to own badly geared people, but the truth is that a lot of people only twink to actually have a chance to compete in those battlegrounds...

Twinking is good because:
A. I can do it too - and i am doing it on a lvl 49 Shadowpriest, necro legs + spellthread, funeral pyre vestments + 150 hp enchant, glowing brightwood staff +40 spell dmg, the mini-ZHC, jewelcrafting trinket, figurine: ruby serpent (100 spell dmg on use) and all other goodies. Why ? To EZ mode for a while, having a rogue as main to raid and pvp with gets annyoing at times.

B. It's such a feeling when you're normal geared and you own a twink. When my protadin was lvl 39 i totally, truly and utterly destroyed twink warriors. I would see their Crusader enchant shine on their weapons, they would hit me, hit the wall, reckoning would proc, and they would die a slow painful and meaningless death. I'm telling you, it's the best thing ever.

twink

i am for twinking.....not to 1 shot ppl with no gear but becuz fighting twinks and wining is fun....its fun to pvp at 70 but i got a crap load of money so why not twink you cant bye the skill it takes to pvp and matching my skill aganst other twinks is what this game is about btw i hate lvl 19twinks 39 is what i am about

Lvl 39 twinks where it's at

Users who are viewing this thread

Back