• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Lua windows are no longer displaying on 1 character (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,221¢
I've relogged the character, unload/reloaded mq2lua several times (including from the character select console), etc. The MQ options Lua window does not display, and numerous other luas I have tested. /reload does not work, camping, etc.

Outside of the MacroQuest_Overlay.ini file where else is this data contained?

I can see a window pop up and then disappear before I see what it is. There's no undocked Lua window.

PS - I despise Lua windows. Buggy as hell with often non-responsiveness and have zero transparency.

I had the same issue:

disclaimer: I know just enough to dabble .. im sure there's an easier fix, just offering mine.

I'm not at home to get the correct file name but in your macro quest file there is one that has all your ui positions. You can sift through the file and fine the name pop the window you were having issues with. The setting put the window outside my monitor range... I changed the location to something like 400 x 400.

You'll know it's the right file also because it's read only. uncheck the read only in the file properties and I left it that way.

when you start EQ and RG up the window will be at x,400 y,400.. you can drag it wherever.

Since I changed that file from read only, ... when I start back up EQ / RG, the windows open where I left them before. I am assuming the read only setting made it so it wouldn't update the window location.

I'll update this when I get back home to find the proper file name.

I had the same issue:

disclaimer: I know just enough to dabble .. im sure there's an easier fix, just offering mine.

I'm not at home to get the correct file name but in your macro quest file there is one that has all your ui positions. You can sift through the file and fine the name pop the window you were having issues with. The setting put the window outside my monitor range... I changed the location to something like 400 x 400.

You'll know it's the right file also because it's read only. uncheck the read only in the file properties and I left it that way.

when you start EQ and RG up the window will be at x,400 y,400.. you can drag it wherever.

Since I changed that file from read only, ... when I start back up EQ / RG, the windows open where I left them before. I am assuming the read only setting made it so it wouldn't update the window location.

I'll update this when I get back home to find the proper file name.
You are speaking about MacroQuest_Overlay.ini in your mq config folder.

Problem - Lua windows are no longer displaying on 1 character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back