• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - LS Hero's Forge linked items Lost & Found (1 Viewer)

RedCents
24,873¢
I didn't see any information or discussion here on Redguides about the new linked rings so here's what I've learned.

An item may be acquired which gives a character "Reverse COTH" capability when bound to one specific other character.
The target character of this binding is not changeable at this time.

ACQUIRING
In Hero's Forge, there are two quests:
Completing each individually gives an achievement (and associated 10 nerd points) but other than that, there is no reason to do both.

Each quest gives a ring: "Lost" or "Found". A character may only have one at a time. Once one quest is completed, you must turn in the ring you have to initiate the other quest.

The quests are pretty straight-forward but do have a "Evolve this quest item and then turn it in" step in the middle which can take some time to grind.

BINDING
To bind, you must get married... or bound... or whatever.
  1. One character must have Found, the other Lost.
  2. Each character stands VERY close to each other
  3. Target each other
  4. Click their respective ring
    1. You will receive a message about the other person needing to click theirs
    2. Your target must click their Found ring
The system will prompt: "Do you want to be linked with {Person X}" Yes/No.
If both characters click [Yes],
The friend you are attempting to link rings with has accepted the offer. Your rings are now linked!

USING
As mentioned, this is like "Reverse COTH".

1. Both characters must be in the same zone
  2. Target the person you wish to join
  3. Right-Click the item
    1. 10-second cast time with 30 minute reuse.
  4. You will appear right at their location
-----------
There isn't much more than that.
To repeat above, there is supposedly no way to rebind at this time.
I haven't tested if repeating the quest(s) resets or not.

Rog Mage binding combo will benefit from this alot lol. Sneak Rog to some secluded area and then call the Mag in to CoH the rest of the crew. Totally worth looking into and trying out for that IMO.

Rog Mage binding combo will benefit from this alot lol. Sneak Rog to some secluded area and then call the Mag in to CoH the rest of the crew. Totally worth looking into and trying out for that IMO.
That actually (SK -> Mag, was my combo) was my main desire to finish this and test it out.
That is by far the most useful scenario with these.

The only real others I imagine are:
  • Only have to run 2 Fellowship members somewhere then port a 3rd
  • You play with a bumbling friend who sucks getting places.
I'm sure people can suggest other weird edge-case uses, but...

Discussion - LS Hero's Forge linked items Lost & Found

Users who are viewing this thread

Back