• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

LOTS of suspensions (1 Viewer)

rober

RedCents
Lots of suspended accounts in AB, even if u were doing nothing, ill explain the history,

yesterday, a friend called me, telling me, "Ey bro get off MQ2 because there will be a massive check!" Ive didnt believed it, but, better to close it if i am just raiding.

Raided, logged out, sleeped, and wake up to go work, at 7:30 am today i receive a call, A FRIEND OF EQ !
"MAN ! Help me ! im suspended !" and than i though, Oh my god . .. that check . . .

Today i come into msn messenger and alot of friends, U got suspended? Me yes !

So like all my rfiends suspendeds, and now the fun of the history.

Some of them were using MQ2, another ppl dont use it, never used it, prolly they have some old IP Coincidence, because of playing in an internet shop, or another thing that i will explain easily.

I use MQ2, a friend that dont use it let me his char, and i use it with his char, that friend that DONT used MQ2 in the life, but i did with his char, played after that the char of another friend that didnt used MQ2, so that makes a rule of 3, with coincidences of IP, 1 person bans another 2 loyals?

I think they have suspended like ALOT of people in AB, but i dont think they can ban all since they would run out of accs,

Sorry, ive tryed to explain as best as i can, my english is very bad, i hope u understood well.

They're doing distance checks, or zone checks, easy to find in logs.

Has player X traveled more then Z distance? Has it happened a few times? Suspended in the face!

From what I know instances are the only safe place to warp because the logs vanish after you close the instance.

sony is doing server checks meaning their going through server by server and doing mass suspensions on people using mq2. povar was hit on the 16th and they were all just 10 day suspensions. kinda like a "we see you" message to the people who are hit.

personally im trying to figure out why their doing it because i know way to many people canceling subscriptions because of just a suspension. could cripple the player base if they continue

druzzil hasn't been hit yet then all my accounts (3) had mq2 loaded and doing afktaskmaster up till booted for patch this morning

I had a 6 day suspension for "using a 3rd party program and for farming within EverQuest".
The wording of it puzzles me though. Since when has it become illegal to farm within EverQuest? Yes, semantics ;) The "and" between program and for should go, then it would make more sense ;)
Weirdest part is, I actually never farm. Well, not true, I did get me a ton of kaladim shrooms but the suspension happened over a week after I did that.

EvenLessSpam said:
I had a 6 day suspension for "using a 3rd party program and for farming within EverQuest".
The wording of it puzzles me though. Since when has it become illegal to farm within EverQuest? Yes, semantics ;) The "and" between program and for should go, then it would make more sense ;)
Weirdest part is, I actually never farm. Well, not true, I did get me a ton of kaladim shrooms but the suspension happened over a week after I did that.

May I ask what werver you were on? (If you don't want to say I understand)

Is there a way to check your status other than logging into the game?

I just checked station.com and my account(s) say "Account Status: Active".

I only warp a few times a day, on average, per account. But I did run Tasker recently (custom version with warp removed) which does a ton of /zoning.

AB and Bristle have been hitted u can be sure, and i think there will be another really soon in AB in euro time.

ab already did i reeive a mail that give a warning for selling pp to a web site like ige ) so i imagine that already processed for ab )
ps :when they come to my server i am sure to be banned )

tradertesla said:
Is there a way to check your status other than logging into the game?

I just checked station.com and my account(s) say "Account Status: Active".

I only warp a few times a day, on average, per account. But I did run Tasker recently (custom version with warp removed) which does a ton of /zoning.

It will say if it's suspended or banned on the web page.

Marpinstripe, Did you get suspended or banned.. for how long ( if suspended ).. what server?

and also what plugins/macros do you use

drinal was hit??? Im safe as of now... I use superduperreallyghettospeed, piggyzone, rwarp, cgank, csum. and autoforage... I also have 3 accounts and all are safe as of just before posting this message...

seek&destroy said:
From what I know instances are the only safe place to warp because the logs vanish after you close the instance.

I run enough servers to know that any log data that can be collected for reporting can also be preserved, even if you're only creating a "temp" database to run "performance" logs against. ie, live db backup tables.

Just stop warping for lazy reasons, what the heck did we do b4 MQ? I like using the map/target and corpse summoning (which im leary of). Oh and the corpse looting macro is great too.

I think people need to be paranoid and not given a false sense of security. The only security I have is that I use MQ as little as possible (never around others that aren't "in the know") and SOE needs the money.

EvenLessSpam said:

Speculation only, but I'm willing to wager that people only get suspended/banned instantly if you get caught by a GM in game. Otherwise, log reporting is done and accounts are suspended based on that data...which all takes place "sometime" after your activities.

A friend of mine told me, that their using Monitor programs to catch warping, Instantly Banning / Suspending (I don't know which)

I don't know if it's true or not, but I'm not going to take the chance.

nah this perticular time seemed like they randomly picked names out of a hat suspended for 10 days and unsuspended them all proving it pointless to begin with...

Well, that's a real healthy attitude. Go on an send a PM to the head GM and tell him to quit pussyfooting around and ban already.

Suspensions are effective in curbing mq activity somewhat, without cutting of millions a year in revenue. I'm sure they've done the math. No telling how many redguide users there are, but stats show 900 have logged on just so far today (and it's early in morning here). Let's say 2,000 redguides members, each with an average of 3 accounts--that = over 1M a year in revenue just among us. Add to that the number who use mq that aren't Red members....

Shoot, the $$ argument does hold water after all. But I still wouldn't be poking the old toothy lion (SOE) in the snout. He's still got some bite left in him...

i warp about 500 times a day. I cant stand walking/running a zone. I have too little time to play to be running everywhere. And if anyone should be hit it would be me lol. I dont ghost kill or anything, and i always check to see if others are around where i am and where im warping to. Its more of a time saver than a cheat /shrug. Thats just my 2 cp.

ps accounts still safe. all 6 of them

agreed unless you've got bard speed it stinks to have to run that far. My main is a cleric talk about running.

someoneorsomething said:
i warp about 500 times a day. I cant stand walking/running a zone. I have too little time to play to be running everywhere. And if anyone should be hit it would be me lol. I dont ghost kill or anything, and i always check to see if others are around where i am and where im warping to. Its more of a time saver than a cheat /shrug. Thats just my 2 cp.

ps accounts still safe. all 6 of them

What server SoS?

Can PM me if you want. if you don't wanna say that's cool too. Just wondering if we're on the same one. heh.

A friend of mine, was playing an account on the combine server. He warpped, and almost instantly went LD, followed up with a suspension letter from SoE for 10 Days in his email.

It's not every server, or all the time, but I do believe they have the ability and means to start banning / suspending people for warping, automatically.

I think if anything, right now they'd be watching the combine server harder than ever to keep balance. If you just spent money on a server, wouldn't you watch what happened on it too once it finally started running?

-TurkReno

Wouldn't it be funny if The Combine/Sleeper population drops due to usage of /warp? I'd lol at the lazy people who can't take the time to run from point A to point B.

I am on AB and a guild member got suspended then they systematically went through the guild doing the same checks (about 3 very short suspensions) also guild suddenly found strange npc's giving out quests (kill 10 trash mobs blah blah and get prize) that would be done in seconds with mq2 - so I guess they started top of the server list but with the interaction of npc's (gm in disguise) I would say its an active check.

I am probably one of the worst offenders with my new account i bought some time ago ....I use mq2 for everything, except when there are people in the zone....I won't even warp to another loc in zone if there is a tracker ....I have never been suspended yet....if they are going through logs, looking for warpers...I have no clue how i would be left out....because I use everything under the sun with the exception of the shared bank hack...

Lets face it logs are nice and all but Players are the real thing that lead to suspensions.

Reading this makes me believe that people who are suspended either belong to a larger group of MQ'ers who are all being nutted OR

They're the same people I've done pickup groups with and gone "how the hell did you ever hit 70?"

Reloaded said:
Reading this makes me believe that people who are suspended either belong to a larger group of MQ'ers who are all being nutted OR

They're the same people I've done pickup groups with and gone "how the hell did you ever hit 70?"

I tend to agree. Not that there are occasions where that is not the case.

LOTS of suspensions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back