• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Looting Items in a Group (1 Viewer)

epugh

RedCents
It might be tempting to be a "nice guy" and avoid accepting items from a kill before a lotto if you know you can't use them. However, keep in mind that most items are worth money and even if you can't use them--someone else can.

I found Eye Gouge Master I on a big bad in Stormhold and was tempted to click Decline, as there's no way I can use it. I clicked Accept anyway. Of the three times up for grabs, I won only one: Eye Gouge.

This item lists on my server for one platinum piece. Imagine that, not even a L20 character who happened to have a group stumble into this baddie, and what a profit! Now I have to wonder what other nice items I passed over for the sake of being cooperative.

If someone in the group needs or can use the item and you can't, why not do a little on the spot trading? Or, if it's not worth that much, you don't have the inventory space anyway, or you like the person, you can always hand it over. Very few other players will turn down something simply because they can't use it.

"You can't win if you don't play." ~The Lottery

Well, I guess this is borderline common sense, but some people will straight up blacklist you for going Greed WAY before Need. My guild especially has booted several people for trying to sell Master spells etc... that guildies can 100% use.

Looting Items in a Group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back