• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Looking for a good exp spot (1 Viewer)

Adamthebob

RedCents
I AFK macro while I am at work or sleeping... have been for a while now.

But I am running into a problem... the mobs that I am killing right now at lvl 65 are only giving 2% AA a kill. I did the math with the help of a built in xp tracker... for 24 hours of hunting AFK I would only be getting 6 AAs.

This is my setup: A 63 clr running healer.mac and a 65 ranger running puller.mac...

I have never tried other methods of afk exp, mainly because I don't know of any others. :confused:

IF there are other ways than pull, kill, repeat, then please let me know.

If not, then I want some advice: I need a zone with lvl 58-63 mobs, without roaming mobs (any adds kill me), and with plenty of pull space between mobs (any adds kill me.) And also, would have to be an earlier release zone...the newer expansion mobs hit way too hard!

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

The more people that know about good exp macro's the higher chance they have to get caught... more people start using them and bring attention to that zone or specific task... I can't blame anyone for holding something back, I'd probably do the same until I get the most I can out of it... just my 2cp

First of all, find a good instance. Don't even think about running an extended afk macro in a regular zone, unless you are very good at proximity macros (and even then I wouldn't do it).
Second, if you notice it does have a lot of seemingly afk people around the entrance, some of whom seem to be moving, you probably want to avoid it, since it means that this instance is being used by very careless macroers, who can't even code zone changes in their macros.

But instances can't be run afk for a long period of time. From what I understand, you kill the mobs, and they do not respawn...and even if they did, then the timer would run out on you eventually.

As you can probably tell by now I'm not at all a veteran to this way of playing. If you have some information you would be kind enough to pass along in a PM, but not to everyone, please do so.

I am a pretty fast learner, but thus far I have no skill whatsoever in writing macros. Though I do have NO problem paying people for thier workmanship.

Please keep the input coming, been great thus far.

Adamthebob said:
But instances can't be run afk for a long period of time. From what I understand, you kill the mobs, and they do not respawn...and even if they did, then the timer would run out on you eventually.

As you can probably tell by now I'm not at all a veteran to this way of playing. If you have some information you would be kind enough to pass along in a PM, but not to everyone, please do so.

I am a pretty fast learner, but thus far I have no skill whatsoever in writing macros. Though I do have NO problem paying people for thier workmanship.

Please keep the input coming, been great thus far.

It is not that hard to make a macro to have your characters get a new instance task once they have been thrown out of the old one and have everyone enter and even automatically start the kiting spot and go to the PL spot. I've had that running in Vxed for a long time, with alts coming and going. Instances is definitely the way to go, I just think they get harder and harder to find without mobs summoning or casting.

Adamthebob said:
Why do you guys seem reluctant to answer? I know there are a lot of afk macroers on here.
Because my afk macros are for a full group of 6 people... bard to pull, warrior/ranger/mage/shaman for dps and cleric for healing. Not to mention I sit in the newer zones, so unfortunately none of them would help you.

if you are running an afk macro why does it matter if you are only getting 2% per kill?
also if i had a good spot i would be slow to give it up.

i would not trust a zone unless it is empty and i have instant camp up if someone zones in.

Looking for a good exp spot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back