• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Macro - looking for a bard kite macro (1 Viewer)

RedCents
655¢
Hey been a while since i played bard i was wondering if anyone put together a macro for kiting that works for both dot kiting chants and charm swarming?
looking for something that does range checks to cast vainglorius and dennons when mobs are in range and takes care of charm break recharm when charm pets low hp.

Been using bard to kite pl a few alts and friends its fun to kite but id like to swap beteen the characters and assist with the pl char. if i do the bard goes squish.

Kiting is a thing of the past , or I have not seen it been done much for a long long time.

Usually its like straight mass pull and beat down. I know they use to do a swarming trick for mass EXP, but they fixed that long ago.

How I bard kite

Press and hold forward + either right/left
While holding, press enter twice
Let go of Forward + either right or left

Target stuff, do things.

Of course open area needed and such.

i think the comment about it not being viable is they changed dots doing less dmg while mobs are moving (i forget how much, but def a thing).

there are some people *not naming names* around here who are personally responsible for some bard nefage over the years

/circle used to be a big thing about 15 years ago, once AE DoTs were nerfed. I remember chanting down werewolves in Plane of Nightmares. Of course you need to only use Run3 speed and not Selo's, or you would outrun them and be problematic with their pathing. Having just +30% runspeed was enough to keep them at a safe distance when circling.

/circle used to be a big thing about 15 years ago, once AE DoTs were nerfed. I remember chanting down werewolves in Plane of Nightmares. Of course you need to only use Run3 speed and not Selo's, or you would outrun them and be problematic with their pathing. Having just +30% runspeed was enough to keep them at a safe distance when circling.

Just need to figure out a bigger circle if you are faster. I think mine was 62 or something weird like that.

you can still do this our single target dots are great for this just need to auto swap to new targets rinse repeat in the pack and just cycle
the ae dot ones are a joke.

im looking for something that maintains a fixed distances outside of mob pummel range.

This is how i picture it i go out and manually gather my herd...

use da song to get them packed tight...

hit macro key and we are off to the races.

it sets circle and starts chants dotting mobs...
once all 4 dots are on current target it switches to next rinse repeat...
then it cycles in charm .. it watches pet hp if it gets to a certain % in settings it activates invis to break charm...
tosses on dot to finish mob looks for another to charm and continues with dots and charm tossed in

im manually doing this to pl friends lower chars in open zones while grouped with my box char if there was a way to set this on bard so i can swap between the two characters id be able to do more

so the group could take one set bard another.

my only issues so far is manually using vain glorious range 55 aa beam nuke doesnt seem to work and dennons also doesnt appear to be hitting...
can this be set to fire in a auto range?

the issue is the charm range it works alot faster with charm the social aggro the pet gets has all the mobs jump on it so you can use the heards damage alot better the issue if the pet pulls apart the kite briefly

Macro - looking for a bard kite macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back