• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Logitech G15 lcd display. (1 Viewer)

pryan899

RedCents
I apologize if this is in the wrong area. I was just wondering if one of the brilliant minds here had found a use for the lcd display on the g15. It's a shame to let that useful area go to waste. could show hp/mana/buff status. Could show pet status.

pryan899 said:
I apologize if this is in the wrong area. I was just wondering if one of the brilliant minds here had found a use for the lcd display on the g15. It's a shame to let that useful area go to waste. could show hp/mana/buff status. Could show pet status.

This most definitely is a wrong area since you are not posting a strategy or a cheat but as I've told other before - send me a G15 and I'll see what I can do :)

The specs say that WOW is supported. Also, any game that uses DirectX. So it may support EQ1, but would probably be buggy. The programable hot keys look interesting tho.

It does support EQ1 by default. It auto detects it as a registered game. Just that no one that I have seen has made any LCD addons for it. I love mine, but ounfortunately do not know how to program for it. So I use the defaults ... hehe ...

the macro keys are fricken GLORIOUS if you play eq alot and macroquest you NEED this keyboard haha but ya lcd screen no idea what the hell it does besides tell me the time

I checked out that keybaord seems like it would take more time to look down at the keybaord to look at LCD than just have it on screen..I bot a 15.4in laptop and I dont have a problem with viewing anything but the dang chat windows.. Maybe i'm talking to much and not playing enough, but my main is caster with pet.

sshadow said:
I checked out that keybaord seems like it would take more time to look down at the keybaord to look at LCD than just have it on screen..I bot a 15.4in laptop and I dont have a problem with viewing anything but the dang chat windows.. Maybe i'm talking to much and not playing enough, but my main is caster with pet.
No offense, but your making the LCD sound like it's out of the way in an awkward spot. That or I'd hate to be driving on the road at the same time as you, as if you can't glance quickly at a small display right in front of you, I'd hate to see you glancing into your rear-view mirror. :p It could really be a useful tool if used correctly. It doesnt need to be flooded with information, just needs to have small useful bits of info to be glanced at carefully. Especially in an MQ2 environement, you could use it to echo some of the text from the MQ2 window (which, i don't know about you, but I keep it minimized most of the time and only open it to check on certain things). Anyways, thats just one example. I know they have an EQ2 program called ACT or something, that uses the LCD as well, it shows parse info in it. This too could be easy, just requires an applet that scans the log file, and prcesses it like every second or two and averages out your dps, or perhaps defensive dps on you. I am unfortunately not experienced enough to do something of the sort, but i'm just throwing out useful ideas.

I know that there was a thread on the MQ2VIP forums on the keyboard. Some folks were working on methods to output information to the LCD. I'll see if I can find the thread. :mq2

Learningcurve said:
WIth a rogue it might be nice to have parsed DPS info there. "Ah that round I was up to 120 DPS" GUess I will hjave to get one and tinker with it.

You can also output it on HUD, to me the G15 is just a gimmick, I never look at the keyboard and if I had to it's just way too much neck/head movement :)

odessa said:
You can also output it on HUD, to me the G15 is just a gimmick, I never look at the keyboard and if I had to it's just way too much neck/head movement :)
I use my GUI for MSN messenger ... all all I move to look is my eyes .... I play EQ and can kee up with conversations going on .

Logitech G15 lcd display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back