• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Live server drop rate (1 Viewer)

Trigun

RedCents
120¢
Yesterday i was bored and decided to roll a new toon on FV and see how long it would take to do some leveling there vs. Test, where i normally play. I logged a new 100 Druid in on other account, for some healing + DS p'leveling and rolled up a new gnomie warrior for sh*ts and giggles. During the session, which was 3-4 hours i only saw 2 drops of Defiant. On Test, once a new toon hits Blightfire, i would see so much more than that. Is drop rate on Test enhanced vs Live servers, if not, Live players are getting shafted with drop rates, especially at the lower levels. I'm going to pop back in today for a bit more time to see if it was just poor luck for me, but i dont anticipate any improvement.

PS. - couldnt buy any gear with the heroic 25K because i screwed up the heroic build and loss the PP. was a stupid mistake on my part.

I don't remember reading anything about increased drop rates, but it makes sense for a test server. I'd be interested to know if it applies to all loot, or just some things like defiant gear.

Could be but probably like in D&D where you might get 3 rolls of 20 in a row or none the entire night. It doesn't mean 20 is more or less common than any other number, just that you had bad luck. On live I went years with no chase loot in EoK until I had 2 drop in less than 5 minutes in TBL and the next time I was in an EoK zone I got 2 drops and a bag in one session. Weird things happen in EQ.

Could be but probably like in D&D where you might get 3 rolls of 20 in a row or none the entire night. It doesn't mean 20 is more or less common than any other number, just that you had bad luck. On live I went years with no chase loot in EoK until I had 2 drop in less than 5 minutes in TBL and the next time I was in an EoK zone I got 2 drops and a bag in one session. Weird things happen in EQ.

Yeah I dont think there are different loot rules on test than on live, just increased xp rate.. I play sort of 50/50 on test/live, and I've had TERRIBLE drop rates for things there too.. So might just been your luck with the RNG that night...

Had my seconds session on Live, spent another handful of hours running this group and maybe it is just my luck -- i still got crap for drops. I hoped that since i was in Blightfire and then in the Hive, i'd at least get some vendor loot since coin drop is low to non-existent but alas, toons are still broke. Not one to give in that easily, i plan to do another session to try to fill in some gear gaps, but worst case scenario, i'll take my heroic toons and go farm some gear for this group so i can stop complaining about gear drops lol.

Last edited:
I heard someone in my old guild mention that their loot drops happened within the first 15 - 30 minutes in the zone. That's been my experience as well. I had a similar situation with 2 drops in a row, shortly after having entered the zone. This might be the case and may also be intentional, so that people staying in the zone longer don't have a greater chance of farming, and overfarming them.

Discussion - Live server drop rate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back