• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Linux anyone? (1 Viewer)

solar

RedCents
I run Linux on a few of my servers and from time to time my desktop. I was wondering if anyone here uses EQ and MQ2 on Linux and how they do so? What distro do you use? Are you using Celdaga or something else to get in to EQ?

Thanks!

I tried messing with this awhile back Cedga Works great to run EQ but i never could get MQ2 to work at all with it.

My basic assumption is the Offests are going to be totaly different on a linux box even if you are using some type of application transport layer. i could be worng tho maybe someone with more mem hacking experience could answer. But I would also love to see some kind of linux port for MQ2 as well.

MQ2 is too low level to work on another OS, it just can't be emulated properly outside windows (you'd have to rewrite detour libraries and so on).

This was just a long shot for me since I was using a demo version of xp64 (which I liked) but I'm not willing to pay for it since M$ won't support it. I'll just stick to Dual booting into gentoo while I'm not macroing.

Linux anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back