• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - leveling (1 Viewer)

huronworker

RedCents
58¢
Sooooo.......Just ran all 3 HA's in DH....got two characters. one character is in group running tasks with me, he gets 20% per task at level 86/87. However, the other character that i taskadd and zone in at the end gets less than 1% for all 3 completions....can someone answer why?

Anyways, where to level at 90-96 to 105? thats somewhat decent/good? or best maybe, if thats not too much to ask for? lol :)

toons collect the xp through out the missions and gain it at end , so if there are 6 mobs and one toon kills all six and other only kills 1 then he will get XP for that 1 kill . best way is to have all toons in mission when doing them so they all get the full XP gain . best XP I know of is the HA tasks . just run with all the toons inside and all the way to 105

as you progress through the task and complete stages, you will get small messages about recieving rewards. Those stage rewards are given to the toon who are in the instance at the time of completing that stage, and are stored up until the task is completed, adding to the end reward.

Thus, the toons you zone in at the end.. are only getting basically 1 stage worth of XP/money, while the toons who were there the whole time got all of it. This was a change put in specifically to counter what you were doing ( they also lowered the XP gained from killing NPCs in the instance at that time as well, while increasing the task reward to compensate... so it no longer payed to drop the task before ending just to loop the instance for relatively safe XPing)

as for leveling... if you have not gotten your toons into RoF gear, sitting on some named in RoF to gear up would also be decent XP. Otherwise.. since the DH mission scale down to 85 now a days ( as I understand it, have not specifically tried it out) running your toons through those is a good idea... provided they can do it. Remember the mission scales to the highest level toon in the group.

Otherwise... if you are tryng to PL... any sparesly populated zone that is just over your lowbie toon levels that your PLer can handle ought to work. Like... CoBronze... Sepulcher...EW....Chaperhouse.. all depends on your server and what folks like to do on it =)

well, i got a 105 bl/rng/sk/wiz....pling rng/necro. which are level 97/87. the 105s are decent gear (tbm geared) with some raid items here and there. sooo....they can handle alot...i can handle 30+ mobs in grounds at a time so if that says anything, or 4-5 mobs in TBM at a time. so? list options.....the grounds is decent xp, but was wondering if there was a better grind spot that someone would love to spoil or spill out.!

just add them to raid and go exp, it took like 3 days afk in BD to go from 70 to 95ish in raid with 18 people total leveling up my 5 new characters. they are all 100 with group gear though

Th HA's are sey up that they get a so you get credit for each step you complete while IN the zone. So each step that gets competed while your taskadded toon is out of the zone he doesn't get credit for. you could try poping him in after each step, and then back out, but i don't think that will change anything. I have been told that they actually need to be present in zone when each step is completed..

Question - leveling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back