• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Leveling 30-40 (soloable/duoable) (1 Viewer)

RedLotus

RedCents
60¢
30-40

Forward: I will be listing solo option in this guide, for those times when you can’t find a group or don’t want to spend the time to look. Remember that group experience, is often better than solo experience. The fastest experience comes from finishing heritage quests that are yellow and up to you. The keys to gaining fast EXP is kill speed and efficiency. If you can kill 4 blues in the same time it takes to kill 1 yellow, then stick with the blues.

The levels suggested in this guide can vary, depending on your character class.

This guide refers to tank types and priest types. Mages and scouts can easily do this... however, it is suggested by the author to drop 2 levels on the guide curve (unless you feel confident in your gear). Right now, I will only name the solo mobs in this guide. However good tank/priest types and certain scout types such as the bard or troubadour, can kill green ^^ groups, albeit with some moderate downtime. The author suggests to stick with what's efficient, if you are out for maximum leveling.

Snice all of the guides in this forum are subject to change and to become updated as changes occur. This one will be no different. The author further notes, that old stale guides are worse than old cheese.

So now you're a big kid, and you're tired of Thundering Steppes but you aren't sure where to go. Let's look at some hot exp solo spots, shall we?

30-32 - ZEK

Solo the Tallon Grunts in Zek, near the docks.
Benefits: Fast repopulation, low hit points.

Loot: When it comes to earning money in your early 30s, this isn't too bad! They also drop Zek quest items like a conch, or a lump of gold.

32-36 RIVERVALE.

You can solo the blightrats, bees, and rabid dogs! This zone has anywhere from level 32-35 solo mobs. Mages and scouts could kill bees at the zone near the loom. They are non-aggro. NOTE: avoid going too close to the loom. Named mobs will aggro through the walls. Social mobs: Rabid pups are social, which means if one sees you attacking a fellow pup, it will join in on the fight. They have long aggro distances.

Loot: The vendor loot drops here will net over 1gp apiece. I made close to 35 gold in 2 hours.

32 –37+ - D’Morte:
A+
You can start doing this grouped or duod at 28 actually, but some of the best solo exp you can do now from level 32 and at least up to 37 is the new D’Morte instance. There are a lot of solo mobs. It’s your own zone. There are very nice drops. You can also harvest, and I hear rares can be found here! There is also around 0.5 - 1% exp per kill.

Named Mobs: For getting named mobs to spawn, clear all the solo mobs and then start clicking on the gravestones. For future reference, think about maybe coming back when you're higher level for the nameds. Those named ghosts from the graves are green to a level 40! Each gravestone will spawn a named. Most of, if not all of the mobs, are casters and some are very nasty. It is a good challenge for a duo and loot drops are good.

What now?

At 37, there is a split. Depending on whether you have feerott/everfrost access, the paths diverge.

No access to those zones?

If you don’t have any access to the above zones, killing solo tainted nymphs and dryads in Enchanted Lands is a fast way to gain some experience and coin, but be careful! Avoid the group mobs. They are usually 37-38 and they can be found (or they will find you) slightly NW of Tanglefoot farm. Steer clear.

38- 40 Everfrost:
You can solo wolves in Everfrost until 40. The downside, it can be mind numbing. On the upside, the exp is fantastic, if you can solo them.

38- 40 Feerot:
There are also 35-36 solos on feerott beach. I know someone who had gotten a master chest drop from that spot. Other people I’ve talked to say that they don’t think it’s worth it. Myself? I think it’s going to differ, depending on your level, equipment, and style of play. So, I’ll let you be the judge. With access to the above zones, your choices are plentiful! And even without it, you still have some decent options.

Coming up soon, will be a 40+ guide. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Leveling 30-40 (soloable/duoable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back