• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Level 85-115 Spell buy/Scribe Macro (1 Viewer)

RedCents
56¢
First of all, I love PoKScribe (Thanks Sic, Sym, Kaen01, CWTN!). It would be awesome to have a macro that would also do the 85-115 spells. I've been dabbling with writing it, and I am clearly not smart enough to do it myself. I've thought of the logic on how it might work. Here is my simple-minded idea:

GuildLobby:
  1. The first time the crew goes to Guildlobby they Bind at the 'High Priestess of Luclin'. (Is it possible to check toons binding location?) Casters will return using Gate. Melee toons will use Philter of Major Translocation Potions.
  2. When returning, /Travelto Guildhall

GuildHall:
1. Ethernere Tainted West Karana->
  1. Classes with Spells/Tomes located at Camp will automatically Buy/scribe.
  2. Class NPC outside camp - > Pause macro, and the player will navigate to NPC manually.
  3. Return to Guildlobby
  4. Navigate back to GuildHall
2. Shard's Landing - > Safe Zone
3. Argath - > Safe Zone
4. Katta Castrum: Deluge - > Safe Zone
5. Lceanium - > Safe Zone
6. Stratos:
-Use Potion of Invis and Navigate to Progressive spells npc
7. The Overthere - > Safe Zone
8. Eastern Wastes - > Safe Zone

Thoughts? I am an amateur, so the script I am working on currently has me stuck at figuring out how to buy and give back the item from Zeflmin in Guild Hall.

First of all, I love PoKScribe (Thanks Sic, Sym, Kaen01, CWTN!). It would be awesome to have a macro that would also do the 85-115 spells. I've been dabbling with writing it, and I am clearly not smart enough to do it myself. I've thought of the logic on how it might work. Here is my simple-minded idea:

GuildLobby:
  1. The first time the crew goes to Guildlobby they Bind at the 'High Priestess of Luclin'. (Is it possible to check toons binding location?) Casters will return using Gate. Melee toons will use Philter of Major Translocation Potions.
  2. When returning, /Travelto Guildhall

GuildHall:
1. Ethernere Tainted West Karana->
  1. Classes with Spells/Tomes located at Camp will automatically Buy/scribe.
  2. Class NPC outside camp - > Pause macro, and the player will navigate to NPC manually.
  3. Return to Guildlobby
  4. Navigate back to GuildHall
2. Shard's Landing - > Safe Zone
3. Argath - > Safe Zone
4. Katta Castrum: Deluge - > Safe Zone
5. Lceanium - > Safe Zone
6. Stratos:
-Use Potion of Invis and Navigate to Progressive spells npc
7. The Overthere - > Safe Zone
8. Eastern Wastes - > Safe Zone

Thoughts? I am an amateur, so the script I am working on currently has me stuck at figuring out how to buy and give back the item from Zeflmin in Guild Hall.
the biggest problem with these and why i never ended up doing it is because zones like and specifically ETWK depending on class, you have to run past some see invis mobs, and pathing in that zone really sucks so there isn't a fool-proof everytime_not_dying way to do it

the biggest problem with these and why i never ended up doing it is because zones like and specifically ETWK depending on class, you have to run past some see invis mobs, and pathing in that zone really sucks so there isn't a fool-proof everytime_not_dying way to do it
I 100% agree with you, and I think pausing the macro in ETWK would be a great 90% solution. The rest of the target zones are easy to navigate as soon as you land from Guild Hall. What do you think?

Could take the same approach TSC does and break the navigation into smaller segments to get you around the see invis mobs.

One of the SI mobs in ETWK is a roamer and basically does a circle around the main spell vendor area. I don’t think there would be a way to 100% avoid him unless there was some kind of check for his position, and multiple nav routes planned determined by where he is at.
Sounds like a scripting nightmare. Lol
Or I guess you could have it wait to nav to location until he passes by or is far enough away to not run into him.

Request - Level 85-115 Spell buy/Scribe Macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back