• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Level 100 and still in heroic gear (1 Viewer)

fonso

RedCents
10,555¢
I have my group up to lvl 100, but we're still in heroic gear. The J5 mercs in the group are way better than the actual players :p

Where should I go to gear up?

silver accounts will require t1 loot only id go with cotf gear while the prices of t1 loot from tds will be outrageous make sure its non prestige and you're good to go! also any T1 raid loot will work on silver toons as well if you have gold accounts then it will be way easier to gear
all depends on gold status ect.

If you do not want to spend money on Latent which is usually pretty cheap and the best option, then I suggest you head to some of the ROF zones which drop fear touched molds, I think even though you are undergeared you could take on some mold droppers such as dorfs in Eastern Wastes if you have a pet class for tanking. Then head to Shard's Landing from your guild hall and grab Fear tinged box where you combine the molds.

Fear touched is ROF T1 but it would still be a big upgrade from Heroic going from 950/950 gear to 2k/2k gear (latent is around 2500/2600). Also you could buy fear touched if you see it cheaper than Latent in bazaar.

Oh and don't you need the Ethereal Attuner from COTF zone for Latent Ether? Might not be possible on F2P account unless you play on FV that is :).

Latent gear all the way

not available to most F2P thou , RoF T1 gear is all non prestige and the bazaar is useally full of it (doesnt need to be fear touched as the mob dropped stuff is more or less same spec), it also tends to be a lot cheaper since new expac came out. Also there are a few player made items that you can use from new expac that are non prestige, namely rings, face, waist and range. Augs are the main problem if your F2P, although if your toons are heroic you can get a full set doing tasks in the Feerot and House.

Question - Level 100 and still in heroic gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back