• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Level 1 to 20: which classes are the most OP? (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,841¢
Pronouns
He/Him
I want to get 6 toons to level 20 on a server where I have no high levels for other methods or help. I'm going to have to grind :f5:

Which classes would you pick for this noob group?

(why level 20? For shopping! Then I can xfer whatever I bought to my server.)

bard is one of best levelers due to free AE damage and group heal over time at low levels. its the recovery that is the slowest when starting new. so if you can chain pull, you are victorious. pets are next best choice. so mage, nec, bst pets. after that doesn't really matter.

Recovery isn't high at low levels, so generally melee is superior.

I'd probably just do something straight forward like:
Warrior
Cleric
Beastlord
Monk
Mage
Rogue

Mostly gear independent, pets are pretty powerful, and melee.

Unless you don't care about diversity at all, then I might just do something like Cleric and 5xBL or something. Or even Cleric + 5xWar.

At low levels the innate melee skills add a bunch of DPS. Even as simple as having a class with kick can make a huge difference. And 2h2 classes like monk/BL can function without worrying too much about upgrades.

I did this same thing and found that lower levels I did pure melee like war or monk leveled pretty fast, also I did a cleric with tank merc pretty quick. Honestly though, buy a $5 heroic throw away toon account, I will pm you...

Wouldn't 5 mages + Druid (just to tag along and to be used for ports later) be insanely OP 1-20 on non-TLP servers?

Just going by my memory on how OP mages were in the first week on Ragefire.

You're probably starting on Raz's server so just make him PL you! If you're on mine, I'll do the same. I think if you're going to start a team for leveling other teams, a War/Cleric/Wiz would be a way to start. Enchanter or Bard for CC.

Strictly speaking about OP, up to level 20 Enchanters are insanely OP. They get a pet that jumps into action when you're hit and tears through mobs. Necros seem OP also.

You're probably starting on Raz's server so just make him PL you! If you're on mine, I'll do the same. I think if you're going to start a team for leveling other teams, a War/Cleric/Wiz would be a way to start. Enchanter or Bard for CC.

Strictly speaking about OP, up to level 20 Enchanters are insanely OP. They get a pet that jumps into action when you're hit and tears through mobs. Necros seem OP also.

True SO true, ask around and I am SURE one of us is on your new server and would happily LC run you!

Question - Level 1 to 20: which classes are the most OP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back