• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Last night, GMs, getting noticed, and what happened? (1 Viewer)

doug_doug

RedCents
Ok, I am full of questions... but also full of .... well you know. hehe.

first, this might be in here somehwere but I can't search on 'GM' cuzit is too short and having no luck with other searches.. links appreciated. What on earth does GM stand for anyway!? lol

second I am a total n00b to this macroing stuff, but I have been playing with writing little ones (I used to be a programmer before I had kids)

Last night I was, let's just say, "inadvertantly asleep at the keyboard", running a group in an instanced zone (orgottenfay allshay) :) . My bard is young and a couple other toons shrouded down to group with him there. (thanks bugs for the leet afk FH mac) I tested my far-from-leet macro writing skills for the shrouded folks.

A GM must have zoned in becuase the gmcheck subroutine was called. All the shrouded folks "freaked out" and casted "spirit sending". not a bad thing... unless you show up in PoK and your macro keeps running and becuuase you didn't put nice code in when you said /sit your toons keep on standing up and sitting down all night log (doh). Nextime I will be a fairy. hehe No sitting graphic =P

Anyway the GM came in (I assumed at the time to the instance but maybe it was to nedaria), but the wierd thing is the bard should have /q'd. but he was just zoned out of the instance and luckily ran into a wall (usually when he zones out he tries to kill that lovely NPC and dies himself. I can't quite figure this out. How long does an instanced expedition last? I guess it is possible that I was popped out of the instance when it ended and then a GM really showed up in Nedaria. I am boggled. Can a GM force you to zone? Of course being a newb I wasn't logging or anything, sigh and when I "awoke" I freaked and camped everyone. before I checked on most of the folks for tells and had none. So maybe we were just booted from an instance and a little later a GM passed through? In which case no worries?

Can GM's tell you are doing a lot of warping, when you are doing it?
the Bard was looting corpses and then warping to anchor, at the rate those things were dying, that is a lot of warping.

I am trying to decide if I am brave/crazy enough to run it again and if so whether I should remove excessive warping and just let the corpses rot. I just want the Bard to catch up with my other toons level wise, so I care more about experience than plat. What do you think? Should I try it with only a single warp or is just being a bard in FH enough to call attention to myself?

Any help, comments, whatever would be appreicated.

thanks

If it was last night (Sunday 3/19)... and it was an instanced zone....

I wouldn't make much out of it. ALL the zones crashed at various times, or multiple times, and everything related to instances was totally FUBAR.

The forgotten halls instance will last for 6 hours and then boot you out to Nedaria. Set up an event to capture you zoning to Nedaria or PoK (assuming Pok is your bind point) and then camp out in the event.

Q: What on earth does GM stand for anyway!?

A: Game Master

Q: How long does an instanced expedition last?

A: Hours I believe.

Q: Can GM's tell you are doing a lot of warping, when you are doing it?

A: Yes, If you are in a public area it is pretty easy to tell when some is warping when they appear and then disappear. Other than that, a real GM would have to look at your logs (which is under debate if such even exists).

Q: Can a GM force you to zone?

A: They can summon you, but I don't know about cross zones. Although they can shutdown an intanced zone. Which would pop you out.

GM can summon you to anywhere in zone and to another zone. That's how people use to be summoned to CSHome for fun talks to gm's. Pretty much anything we can do they can do better=).

Instances run for 6hours before your kicked iirc, well thats what it was when i use to run vxed macro.

looking at the 'gm' commands posted somewere or tother they can do anything to ya really (not sure if they need permititon or what ever) but they can delevel you kill you, boot ya from the server (i think) summon to any point in a zone summon you across zone lines, run at the speed of light warp, loads of stuff lol.

what could have ahppend is the instant poped u out of the zone and gm came in to the zone it poped u out to... take a look for the vxed macro for ideas about finding npcs and perpetualy getting instances and stuff (think it was written by tone, dont quote me though was a bit ago) was the best macro ive ever used lol.

Last night, GMs, getting noticed, and what happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back