• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

laptop for eq? (1 Viewer)

leo802

RedCents
I recently bought Dell's Inspiron core duo 2Ghz notebook w/ ati mobility x1400 256mb vram. I tried eq with it and found out that it played "slowmotion" like movement from time to time. The notebook has 2 Gig DDR 2 ram and 7400 rpm hard disc so that its spec is not too low for eq1. On the other hand, I have another Toshiba m30 notebook(1.5 Ghz dothan CPU w/ geforce fx go 32mb vram, 1 gig DDR Ram) and this one has shown no defect playing eq and even able to do 2 or 3(tough though) boxing in it.

I searched this lagging(slowmotion movement) issue on the net and found it has been the issue since the year 2004. SoE gave up resolving this problem officially.

I tried omega video driver for my new dell notebook and no success. tried other third party tool like "speed switch xp", "run first", etc and no success either.

Any idea for me and other laptop users for eq pls?

I had that problem with my AMD 3200+ 64-bit. My problem was the clock throttling feature. EQ can use plenty of cpu cycles, but for some reason when I had the feature(actual name is AMD Cool and Quiet) EQ would run slowmotion for about 50% of the time. If your lappy has a feature to turn it off, you might could try that. Worked for me. Sad part is, battery drain goes up.

I was thinking of getting a new Dell E1705 myself. Can you spell out what systems seem to have this problem, and where they think the problem is? Does it affect only certain dell systems? Just curious what your searching had turned up.

Turn off throttle/speedstep/etc and see if it helps, Sony did officially give up on that so not much else you can do.

This is not video/hdd/drivers issue, it's an issue of EQ not being able to properly get clock times from a notebook CPU.

Actually your best bet is to first set the afinity of EQ, when running on dual core, EQ has a hard time and will give you all the slow motion stuff. Set the afinity or get WinEQ and you will be fine.

What The0Eldest said.

EQ has a hard time with any PC running a dual core CPU. Even desktops.

Until you set the affinity you'll feel like you're running it on your old 286. Once set tho you'll be fine, even on a laptop.

fix maybe? I followed the procedure written in the thread below

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq...tech&message.id=112053&query.id=35050#M112053

specifically, I deleted my old eqclient.ini and refreshed it and followed -evil- Tuga's suggestion modifying processor's throttle down states adding %C1 time, %C2time and %C3time as described in the above thread.

After that it is fine with my new dell notebook playing eq without any "slowmotion" thing more. I hope this lasts forever, lol.

And thanks for numerous ideas guys. That also helped me getting better in my mood state :) I was not the only one who had the problem, I thought.

P.S. As far as my problem goes, Intel's core duo processors are not showing affinity problem playing eq. I didnot do anything for processor's affinity modification.

P.S. 2. I tried playing eq on sony vaio vgn-s47lp/b notebook(sonoma flatform 2.0 Ghz w/ geforce go 6200 256mb vram, 1 gig Ram, 5400 rpm HD) and found out that it also had the same "slowmotion" problem. So I returned the notebook to my local dealer. I am not sure that my fix described above will fix the same problem in the Vaio notebook but very probable. I hope it helps. Thanks !

I tried playing eq in Wineq2. I suffered slowmotion problem again with wineq2, 1 boxing or whatever. But this problem disappeared with standard eq. I dont know why but I am able to 2 or 3 box with eq windowed mode and i am not gonna do further test with wineq2 till I get stuck with standard windowed eq boxing.

euri, Which method did you do on your notebook? adding %C1 to C3 or running RMclock thing? I did adding %C1, %C2 and %C3 and no more slowmotion(but still experience slowmotion when playing through wineq2 though) fyi. Thanks

laptop for eq?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back