• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Lag on secondary background accounts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibevad

RedCents
356¢
I just got off his program yesterday so im certain its a setting or something heres the thing while playing at some point i started getting lag on my secondary screen by that i mean when i would switch over after a fight i would rewatch the fight for about the last 20 seconds of the fight like an echo... when i two box without the program i never have any kind of lag i can even three box without it with no lag..any ideas what i need to do to fix this please?

Make sure "Max. Background fps" is set to at least 30 and preferably 60+ in the EQ options (Alt-o) display tab in the advanced section on all your characters.

I did that and now the background chars have 0 lat but the foreground char has serious lag i turned dow/off any settings that i could i restarted and its all good for awhile

I did that and now the background chars have 0 lat but the foreground char has serious lag i turned dow/off any settings that i could i restarted and its all good for awhile
do you have eq logging turned on for everyone?

unless you *need* it on, you might consider turning it off

/log is an eq thing where it logs ALL your chat output/combat etc to a .txt file. they can get very large if left on - someone recently around here had +100 gig in log files
My log is 2-3x the size of the game, but it's as old as my toon(1500+ days played). I'm hoping I don't have it on on the others too lol.

That said, one of the big reasons people keep a log running all the time is/was for gamparse. That's why mine is set as it is though I haven't used gamparse in years.

I might want to consider that, it never occurred to me that all my accounts probably have this turned on.
Have you enabled EQ logging for all your secondary background accounts, and if not, do you think it's necessary to have it turned on for each of them, given the potential impact on performance and resources? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks. I know this is an old discussion but the answer to my question is very important I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, Thanks 👍

Have you enabled EQ logging for all your secondary background accounts, and if not, do you think it's necessary to have it turned on for each of them, given the potential impact on performance and resources? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks. I know this is an old discussion but the answer to my question is very important I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, Thanks 👍
This thread is 2 years old and there's no point in trying to troubleshoot a 2 year old issue.

Question - Lag on secondary background accounts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back