• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Krono or membership for gold account (1 Viewer)

RedCents
811¢
Just wondering for all the multi-boxers out there, can you usually self sustain gold accounts for your toons via krono? Or do you usually have to pay for all access? I currently have 2 gold via membership, and was thinking about taking 3rd account which is currently silver, to gold via krono. On my server krono are usually 2.1-2.2 or so. Between running my exp group and having traders set up when i'm not online, only made around 700k, so it would take me 2-3 months at my current play to earn krono.

once you figure out good ways to make money it comes much easier.
a while back i made a f2p diamond farm group just for that purpose

lotta options to make plat

farm new stuff and sell chase items (ice encrusteds etc)
sell mission task adds
lower lvl mass farming - like huntertank mode or pocketfarm etc
get a rogue with sos2 and shiny farm in cotf+ zones for bazaar selling

autoforage some of the more annoying tradeskill mats that folks need

setup buyer to flip stuff

I used to keep my 6 group up with Krono, but then the Overseer came and the price on collectibles dropped. But now I get chase loot or set upp some monk in huntermode and farm tradeskill materials.

get a rogue with sos2 and shiny farm in cotf+ zones for bazaar selling

What does this mean?

The Tov Tradeskill stuff sells well, the Ore/Silk/Pelt at least.
I currently have an extra group farming in GMM, that group's funds support the ToV group.

What does this mean?

The Tov Tradeskill stuff sells well, the Ore/Silk/Pelt at least.
I currently have an extra group farming in GMM, that group's funds support the ToV group.
Shineys are the collectables. If you have a rogue you can send him around to look for the ground spawns and not have to fight mobs. Cause he is sos2 - Shroud of Stealth 2. The market isn't what it used to be due to getting those same shineys thru overseer

I wanted to do the same set up - baz or farm and get krono but its just not working for me. I do not have high level characters to farm ice stuff, can't sell mission task ads for same reason. Farming or foraging mass amounts is very time consuming.

The best I can do is get a discount on a Visa gift card and then use that to trim the cost down a bit.

Was in the same position about 1.5 years ago when I came back. I think a lot of people don’t realize that it’s pretty tough getting up to speed when you don’t have a few groups of max aa toons.

Was in the same position about 1.5 years ago when I came back. I think a lot of people don’t realize that it’s pretty tough getting up to speed when you don’t have a few groups of max aa toons.
oh it definitely is very very very tough.

chat and i completely rerolled new toons on new servers a few months ago (~5/6?) and i can attest to that. So my examples are exactly what i had to do recently for this situation. my ability to fulfil those options changes as time goes on, but there are tons of ways to make plat in this game depending on time, and what you have available to you.

Example: doing the autoforage thing doesn't require much

Example2: selling mission runs for things like TBL lamp, or ToV mission bricks requires much, much more.

I don't really see anyone in this thread saying things that would imply "people don't realize that its pretty tough getting up to speed"

@Sic you are right. I guess I was speaking more generally about how most information here is geared towards more experienced players. It is easy to lose sight of how much of a grind it can be if you have not had to start from 0 recently. At least it is for me.

I'm able to keep 6 accounts gold from my bazaar mule alone just by farming tov t1 items that are in high demand like earrings, rings, and charms this varies by server though just keep a mule running 24/7 by the end of the month i normally yield 6-10 krono.

I'm generally using Kronos these days. I will say it's definitely more difficult when you don't keep up on the expansions either. You're relatively limited to tradeskill items from older zones.

I'm generally using Kronos these days. I will say it's definitely more difficult when you don't keep up on the expansions either. You're relatively limited to tradeskill items from older zones.
With the amount of people doing tradeskills for the earring/arisan's prize the demand for materials is very high. I think it will taper off over the next year.
1600691085943.png
Used for research and that is all that is available on my server atm. Looks about enough to get 1 character to 300.

You can forage the Essence. Put a few toons in EWTK before bed and /mac forage. Have an extra heroic toon on an account? Make a druid just to forage for you until you decide to use the Heroic for something else. Doesn't take long either to bang out the AA's for forage also.

I'd say the odds of getting caught AFK foraging are almost 0.

I do this with things like Misty Acorn, Coarse Salt (hot items atm for Velious stat food), and etc..

I almost never go to bed without setting up foragers somewhere.. it all adds up to help feed the monster I've created

IRL - Krono or membership for gold account

Users who are viewing this thread

Back