• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - KISS Assist: Twincast not working (1 Viewer)

slimeball

RedCents
I can't seem to get the the Twincast spell to work on my Mage. The Twincast AA works great in my burn section but I tried putting the spell in my normal rotation and nothing. It shows casting Twincast on <Target> but it immediately runs to next spell. It also does not appear to wait for the global cool down before trying to cast. I tried putting that spell as the first spell and it still has the same behavior.

[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Force of Elements|99
DPS2=Relentless Servant Rk. II|99
DPS3=Twincast|99
DPS4=Rain of Blistersteel Rk. II|99
DPS5=Rain of Scythes rk. II|99
DPS6=Salvo of Many|99
DPS7=Relentless Servant Rk. II|99
DPS8=Rain of Blistersteel Rk. II|99
DPS9=Rain of Scythes rk. II|99
DPS10=Salvo of Many|99

I also tried "DPS3=Twincast|99|Me" and it says it is casting Twincast on <My name> but does not actually cast and has the same behavior.

Any help getting this to work would be appreciated.

Kiss can only cast 1 thing at a time. Setting every at 99 and setting spels to cast twice = FAIL.

use dps=2 for absolute order then number the things you want to cast in descending order and take out the duplicates

=99
=98
=97

This is my mage as an exmaple
Rich (BB code):
[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSkip=3
DPSInterval=10
DPS1=Blistersteel Malosenia|97|Once
DPS2=Force of Elements|92
DPS3=Fickle Magma|87
DPS4=Spear of Blistersteel|82
DPS5=Summoned: Icebound Sliver|40

I did not realize that DPSON=2 would ignore mob health%, I didnt want to be stuck on the first spell waiting for raid mobs to be taken down another percent before casting again, thank you for that.

I cleaned up the spell routine but still twincast wont fire. I have the rank 1 spell and it is memed to my spell bar.

[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSkip=0
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Force of Elements|100
DPS2=Relentless Servant Rk. II|99
DPS3=Twincast|98
DPS4=Rain of Blistersteel Rk. II|97
DPS5=Rain of Scythes rk. II|96
DPS6=Salvo of Many|95

It works on my wizard, but I use rank 2. And my wizard uses Improved Twincast.

Rich (BB code):
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Claw of the Icewing Rk. II|99
DPS2=Force of Will|98
DPS3=Gosik's Fire Rk. II|97
DPS4=Force of Ice|96
DPS5=Hoarfrost Cascade Rk. II|95
DPS6=Force of Flame|94
DPS7=Ethereal Weave Rk. II|93
DPS8=Improved Twincast|100
DPS9=Twincast Rk. II|100

That would suck considering the "twincast" AA is passive. The activated twincast is "improved twincast", would hope that it would filter out any AA without an /alt act #.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm maybe it is confusing with the AA, let me go buy a dreadmote and get rank 2 and see if it works.

Why would you have spell twincast and AA twincast fire consectutivly, they don't stack or do you know something I don't? Forgive stupid DPS questions I play a shaman just setting up a box that I know nothing about.

- - - Updated - - -

Crap forgot this is lvl 85, ok gonna run the raids and just get R3.

Why would you have spell twincast and AA twincast fire consectutivly, they don't stack or do you know something I don't? Forgive stupid DPS questions I play a shaman just setting up a box that I know nothing about.

I do that because they are on different reuse timers. So that yeah the first time you waste one of them. But the second time one goes off then a few mobs later the other. That way my wiz is twincasting as much as possible.

So why not change your ini to be something like

Rich (BB code):
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Twincast Rk. II|100
DPS2=Claw of the Icewing Rk. II|99
DPS3=Force of Will|98
DPS4=Gosik's Fire Rk. II|97
DPS5=Force of Ice|96
DPS6=Hoarfrost Cascade Rk. II|95
DPS7=Force of Flame|94
DPS8=Ethereal Weave Rk. II|93

That way no wasted twin cast.

So why not change your ini to be something like

Rich (BB code):
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Twincast Rk. II|100
DPS3=Force of Will|98
DPS5=Force of Ice|96
DPS7=Force of Flame|94

That way no wasted twin cast.

Because in that situation the wizard will never pop improved twincast when afk. shrug. And because it works just fine for me the way it is.

Because in that situation the wizard will never pop improved twincast when afk. shrug. And because it works just fine for me the way it is.

Oops messed up the code meant.

Rich (BB code):
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Twincast Rk. II|100
DPS3=Force of Will|98
DPS5=Force of Ice|96
DPS7=Force of Flame|94
DPS9=Improved Twincast|92

Will give that a shot and see. Not sure improved would fire often though, I see where you're going with it though. She doesn't usually get to ethereal weave before it's dead.

Question - KISS Assist: Twincast not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back