• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Keep going LD today (1 Viewer)

Jinx

RedCents
I have been running np all day yesterday and today but now I am going LD every 10min. Anyone else haveing this problem today?

I am in HoH and like I said no problems at all until today. I have taken like 20 deaths now so I am concerned.

I am running NDawgs compile and simply twisting, target and speed thats it.

Another wierd thing is when I log back in it say "you are no longer sticking to anything" in my MQ chat box.

If I just sit in the graveyard with everything running I don't go LD. Seems to happen only when running and killing with macros running. WTF. Any ideas would help thx

Last edited:
Well I am working so I am not afk for more than a few min at a time. I never seem to be looking the moment when I go ld so I never get to see any errors. I will move on I guess and see if I have the same problem elsewhere.

I really don't know where else to go at 70 HoH has been good to me so far.

I tried RCoD but the Murkgliders were blasting me do I need High resists for RCoD? I think they were snare dots.

I wonder if they saw me in HoH and just kept makeing me go LD or something that was very strange cause I had great luck there for the last few weeks.

I moved on to RCoD but I get the same results LD or crashing this is very frustraiting everything was working fine for the past 2 weeks. Where can I go for help? This dieing doesn't seem to be worth it.

I am now running on my older Dell PC and so far so good.

I wonder if my vid card is crashing my system ( . It is the ATI AIW X800XT 256MB I paid good money for this card it better not be a lemon.

I was having the problem of freezing during play but that hasn't happened in a while. I wonder if it is just crashing now and causing me to go LD.

If the Dell keeps working I am going to try to get my card replaced. Thanks for the help so far.

siddin said:
no, they only have anti-kiting code :P
That's not true :P I've done PoF kiting with both a bard and wiz, both AFK and not the normal /circle /twist /target macro on the bard either. Crystane was so bored that he took the time to write kiting macros. If you wanted, you could edit it to any zone, just need to change the path, mobs to kill, etc...

Jinx, if you have a broadband connection and your modem has a reset button on it, push it. If not, unplug the power and the cable/phone line to it and let it sit for a minute or so then plug them both back in. It could be a problem with your ISP if it's happening on 2 different PCs.

plink

Iam am no expert by any means at the coding, or packet stuff, but I too have been having problems with LDs when I run speed, which is very rare. But what usually happens is I'll run fine for a little bit, and then crash for no apparent reason. If I understand how the speed thing works though, it begs the question if servers have been set up to semi counter speed hack by detecting what seems like excessive lag and disconnecting people. If I understand it right from wqhat I picked up in other forums, speed basically shows serverside what appears to be lag on your end in updating position, and counters for the change in position by basically moving you ahead faster. I am not sure if that is the case, but maybe it will help =). I also notice, the higher the setting I use for speed, the faster the crash, but like I said, stopped usin it, as GMs been on like ants lately on my server, and they are not showin with GM tools, or find GM, or /w, or /w all so I have been watching which stuff to use, and trying to stay way low under radar lol.

U hit it on the head I think User. I tried it not using MQ2speed plugin and so far so good. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I was really bummed out.

I've been kiting in HoH with no problem. I'm curious though...where does everyone go in RCoD to kite? I've noticed a few people point that out. I always end up getting summoned when I'm in there.

well if your getting the your not sticking to anything message I normallyonly see that with mq2melee runing, as forthe LD thing sometimes /speed does that to me, some days it dont but other days it will crash me hard

Keep going LD today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back