• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Just got banned (1 Viewer)

hotdog

RedCents
You know, this makes me wonder. I have never killed a raid mob. I have never exp'd with a macro in an open zone. I have always used NoDelay in an instanced zone where it was only me and my three toons. Nobody saw me go into the zone as I was the only one in Dranik's Hollow when I went in to the Fire Pit instance. I haven't told any of my friends about what I have been doing and I always put my toons on anon before going into the zone. The short length of time I have been using NoDelay (less than 10 days on and off)...and the fact that the GM busted me around 9:30pm PST...makes me wonder if they are checking each and every Monk online at all hours of the day and night.

The fact that nobody else knew I was in the zone or knew what I was doing leads me to believe that people do not have to report you to have a GM come take a look at you in an instanced zone.

The GM said he was going to roll all three of my toons back 20 days and my three accounts were suspended for 10 days. The bad thing is that I recently transferred my Monk to another account, so they had no record of him even existing. Originally the GM said he was going to wipe the toon because I got a name change. I told him that I moved the toon to another account. So, the GM said he was simply going to wipe the character since their is not record of him existing for him to roll the toon back 20 days. Interestingly enough, he said, "So, you found a way to beat the system. Bummer. That means I'll just have to wipe your character instead of rolling him back 20 days." It sucks because I PL'd him legit up to 70 inside of 5 days with my other toons...now I lose it all.

At any rate, be careful out there. If you care about your Monk, stop...just stop and ride the storm out for a month or more. If you don't care about your toon, care on as usual. :) As for me, I'm done with NoDelay and GKing. I want to be able to sell these accounts one day when I finally quit.

Good luck out there and be safe!

** Editted to "keep the peace" **

Last edited:
lol try not XPing in the same place as all the other n00bs that just started doing this in the last 2 months. If I was a GM I would log in and check firepit instances and anguish, that is where 80% of the people that have told me they got banned have been. As for abyss turning you in I just had to laugh at that, I am using his plugin only, and have been for 4 or 5 months with not a problem.

Well if you have just been XPing and getting aas that might be the prob. 10 days played and 800+ aas. And 75 to boot. They might of looked at your account And said "no way he could have that many aas or levels in that amount of time" So when you think your safe. You are really throwing up a red flag. Ive heard from many sources that some of the monks were looked into because of "irregularities in xp". Then they watch em. If they are legit they move on. Also fire pit is a usual spot I see GMs frequent. Along with anguish, catacombs, and qvic. Go where the “hot spots” are not.

This is just my 2c

There are so many places to get instances that in my opinion are off the radar.

Try dranik instances or ones in zones off of there. I know of a few, DoN instances it seems on my server are starting to be watched a little so i'd be careful of those. Anyway sorry to hear your luck.

I got suspended and never was talked to by a GM , no email or anything. I'm just riding out my 10 days hoping that's all i get since i'm thinking it was for warping.

Wish someone would have posted that here before I uesd it. All I have ever read here is how everyone goes there...or Anguish.

Maybe someone can start a thread here for "safer" zones and "DO NOT ENTER" zones. Of course, this would all be speculation. I think they are monitoring all Monks, regardless of what zone they are in.

I posted earlier on that I thought they were just going through and checking all monks 60+ online at the time. I truly believe soe really doesn't have some huge unfalliable logging mechanism that points them in the direction of cheaters. I think they just log on, find out who and where all the monks 60+ are at the time, and then systematically go check all of them. If they're in anguish, they're more likely to be checked... I guess the same can be said for firepits and other DS instances, although I've never heard of them being high-profile before this. If I was trying to catch people in the act, and knowing that monks were 1000000% more likely to be cheating then, say, a chanter... yea, I'd do just what I described.

hotdog said:
Wish someone would have posted that here before I uesd it. All I have ever read here is how everyone goes there...or Anguish.

Maybe someone can start a thread here for "safer" zones and "DO NOT ENTER" zones. Of course, this would all be speculation. I think they are monitoring all Monks, regardless of what zone they are in.

Do you see the problem here? If you post 'safe zones' they won't be safe anymore. Any 'safe zones' or 'safe macros' that every person has access to can not be safe by definition.

nodelay went under watch about 4 months ago. stopped using it about the time that i had gm's popping on my head every time i logged in. i could see where Sum1 is correct in his theory. but there are also other things that could happen. point being its still under watch so watch your back.

Yall sure know how to scare someone lol, sitting in class reading threads, had to call my house and get my dads g/f to do a e-stop on my laptop lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea. I thought I'd be relatively safe because I only recently started using it...didn't do high-profile targets, blah, blah blah. I think my situation is proof enough that they are going after every Monk and checking out what they are doing at all times of the day and night. Personally, I am done with GKing. I really don't feel the need to lose my accounts all together.

stupid question by the board troll.....

Since I have not used any of my accounts in the last 6 months...

Has anyone gotten accounts banned or suspended that have not been in these hot spots?

Do I have anything to worry about when I return next January?

mee ow gang

ARMY

hotdog said:
Wish someone would have posted that here before I uesd it. All I have ever read here is how everyone goes there...or Anguish

That is such a good reason for staying away from those zones as I have ever heard, and yes they are targetting Monks.
Go read the monk forums.

Another thing that probably isnt a good thing to do is use the EQplayers auto update ... we had a monk apply to guild with full anguish gear, near max aa's, and only had 3 days played ... hrm ... wonder what he got upto ... he also had a friend who was 5 days played ... was in some other gear, but had a full set of anguish gear in his bags waiting to be made ... both of which were purely visable on eqrankings, this is the kind of stupidity that i believe some are currently talking about.

Also ... selling loot rights to anguish loot in bazaar as a monk is pretty much a surefire way to get reported.

Also leaving corpses outside Anguish/Demi when your in a guild that doesnt actively raid these zones ...

Million and one things i can list that in the past few weeks ive actually seen alot more of than i did previously before all the ban's were being thrown around ... and i thought people would be smart and cut back while SoE was culling the GKing ranks, but imo its not a bad thing the stupid people are being caught ... atleast my guild has been able to do porthio again =P.

edit: oops ... this was meant to be in the other GKing Banning Post =/

armysoldier said:
stupid question by the board troll.....

Since I have not used any of my accounts in the last 6 months...

Has anyone gotten accounts banned or suspended that have not been in these hot spots?

Do I have anything to worry about when I return next January?

mee ow gang

ARMY

Nah Army, 99.9% chance you're good. If you haven't touched the accounts in that long there's no reason why soe should have gone back that far to ban them.

Army: You can check your account status without logging into the game. Just go to the EQLive site and check My Account. Subscrptions. Click on the EQ subscription and even if it's inactive it will show Banned or Suspended in the status.

But as stated earlier, it's 99.44% sure you'll be OK. The recent ban/suspension method seems to be pretty much instant and directed at specific actions. I highly doubt even if you were using he plugins involved anyone would even think to go back that far to investigate without probable cause (ie: A petition or report)

Just got banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back