• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Just a few Newbie questions! (1 Viewer)

simpleminded24

RedCents
I used MQ2 awhile ago, and I was looking to sign back up for the monthly membership here( forgot my old account and email), but first wanted to check a few things.

Is it possible to solo level a bard mostly AFK with MQ2 and/or Kissassist ?

Is there a guide for general leveling afk any classes ?

I wanted to start up an old bard, get him to whatever the current level cap is and max out on AAs, so any information on that would be awesome! Thanks in advance. Also does anyone still use the IRC channel ?

to solo with a bard you will need a autotarget macro, and /circle on whatever radius you can find, and twist in your dots...

http://www.redguides.com/community/...mp-Returning-Player-s-Guide-to-EverQuest-Live

thats basically a very bad ass write up for returning players, there are a few more in that area, but since EQ is now free to play you can always box as well and with kissassist its so much easier

or do what I did and transfer to test server and have all the expansions for free, and gold status for free too :)

I read through the returning players write up, didn't really showcase how easy it might be to afk some AAs or Levels for example. I'd be curious how hard it would be to setup and multibox afk a group. Something like SK, Shaman, and bard. Maybe even toss in a Wizard for range and ports. Any idea or links to posts that might deal with this ? I went through one of the sticky postings about multiboxing, but once again didn't find anything that says its possible to AFK box. I have limited time to actually play, so it would be nice to leave everything running for awhile, come back and play with a few hundred more AAs :D

Edit: After reading more about KISS, it seems to be setup to AFK. So I think subbing to the LV2 forums, and multiboxing a few toons with KISS I'll be able to achieve what I was looking for.

After a few hours of downloading, activating, configuring and setting up, I managed to get it mostly working. I followed a post by Redbot, and have three clients and two mercs running, but I'm running into an issue. I can't manage to get the tank merc to tank! I did exactly like Redbot's post under the kissassist beginnners guide said, and that only partially worked. I tried adjusting when the other clients assist, turning off auto assist and setting MercOn=1. Not really sure what else to do, but maybe someone could point me in the right direction I'm hoping!

Personally I would just level up a SK, but what settings do you have them set on? I have actually never used a tank merc and used MQ at the same time so that would be new to me.

I managed to get it to work. Like Dutch_SK mentioned, it seems buggy. Had to set it to the puller's merc, mark it's role as tank, and then turn off auto assist. Also adjusted a few values to 100 to ensure it was assist correctly. Just going to keep playing with it, lvl 15, slow and steady I guess :D

Question - Just a few Newbie questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back