• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Jigs21 Compile V2.2 (NURHURFED) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jigs21 Compile V2.1

Well I should have been reading this before I guess. I have been running 2.0 1 hour after it came out. also upgraded to 2.1 I macro all day and night my toons are online as long as power and net are up. I have done bazaar searching and everything. I even been out in CoA macroing in groups that had no clue.. I had no clue it was broken or sending packets.. Time will tell if this is how Sony will determine what to impliment in up coming patchs. or will they do a super wipe right when the new expantion goes live?

I've been using the beginning compile since it was posted. I stopped when Jigs gave the warning, but if sony did detect my use I'm sure every MQ user has been flagged. Why have we not been banned?
Sony is looking at the numbers to ban vs income?
I guess if I'm banned then fate has given me the way to stop this addiction. :eek:

That's exactly my point Fryed, if this detection stuff is for real that means that SOE knows about 95 percent of MQ2 users now because there were no warnings on MQ2 site, which is where everyone gets the source.

As for me I am somewhat skeptical since Lax has stated repeatedly that passive MQ2 use is non-detectable by SoE (of course, short of SoE scanning system processes, which they are unlikely to attempt these days).

Anyhow, it would be much appreciated if a compile from the latest source is made available here on Redguides. :)

There isn't enough money left in eq to warrant that kind of massive manhunt. If ghost killers were still running amuck that'd be a different matter altogether, but as it stands that simply isn't the case.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sony wants $$ not a crusade.

SOE has had the ability to detect any and all mq2 users if they wanted to due to the way mq2 works. All they had to do, legally, is what they have just done, create checks to make sure their OWN code is calling EQ's functions, etc. Already MMOBugs has a working release to counter this, so it is possible to bypass SOE's 'new' checks, but the point is, like stated above, if you used MQ2 any time in the past month, you are most likely 'flagged' (assuming this isn't all a hoax). People in my IRC channel are thinking its just to collect data so that they can become aware of a relatively accurate percentage of 'cheaters' in the game. What they do with this data is anyones guess, but it obviously hasn't led to any bannings or suspensions, and most likely won't. But, like stated on other sites, this data, or 'list' of people who use MQ2, may be used as a source for starting an investigation the next time something like MonkBug or sharedbank gets out of hand.

To address the people who say "well why not continue using it? i mean they already have most of us flagged for it because there was a lack of warnings":

If you continue using it before an undetectable version comes out, you are giving SOE even more information against you. They could say, "well you stopped using MQ2 back on July 7, 2007 according to our records," if you were to stop and wait until an undetectable version was released, or they could say, "according to our records, you stopped using MQ2 on July 13, 2007. During which time we repeatedly logged you doing things that were not possible with game mechanics at the time." I'm glad that Jigs didn't pull a turkreno, because it really is up to you whether you continue using MQ2 until a new, undetectable version is released, but, the general consensus among the admins/mods and the devs of many sites is to stop all use of MQ2 until an undetectable version is released that you have access to.

playj said:
Anyhow, it would be much appreciated if a compile from the latest source is made available here on Redguides. :)

I don't mind putting out a fresh compile with the current source from Macroquest 2. I just don't see the point of it, since no one or (few) will actually use it, since it is not safe.

Well I for one will continue to use it.. I'm not going to stop useing MQ2 just becuase its not "SAFE".. I mean come on when was it safe? This site is dieing when it comes to MQ2 the devolpers are moving down the forums. Might as well at least try to keep the comiles up todate. I will D/L and run with a smile.

UPDATE:

Siddin and I are working on making the compile safe. The ETA of this compile being released will be later on tonight, really late since I have raids and he has work. I hope you all can be patient untill then.

Thanks,

Jigs

good to know jigs, thanks again, its nice to be able to ask questions and not get told to mind your own business like at the MQ2 boards, VIP is a joke over there anymore.

raistlin8989 said:
SOE has had the ability to detect any and all mq2 users if they wanted to due to the way mq2 works. All they had to do, legally, is what they have just done, create checks to make sure their OWN code is calling EQ's functions, etc. Already MMOBugs has a working release to counter this, so it is possible to bypass SOE's 'new' checks, but the point is, like stated above, if you used MQ2 any time in the past month, you are most likely 'flagged' (assuming this isn't all a hoax). People in my IRC channel are thinking its just to collect data so that they can become aware of a relatively accurate percentage of 'cheaters' in the game. What they do with this data is anyones guess, but it obviously hasn't led to any bannings or suspensions, and most likely won't. But, like stated on other sites, this data, or 'list' of people who use MQ2, may be used as a source for starting an investigation the next time something like MonkBug or sharedbank gets out of hand.

To address the people who say "well why not continue using it? i mean they already have most of us flagged for it because there was a lack of warnings":

If you continue using it before an undetectable version comes out, you are giving SOE even more information against you. They could say, "well you stopped using MQ2 back on July 7, 2007 according to our records," if you were to stop and wait until an undetectable version was released, or they could say, "according to our records, you stopped using MQ2 on July 13, 2007. During which time we repeatedly logged you doing things that were not possible with game mechanics at the time." I'm glad that Jigs didn't pull a turkreno, because it really is up to you whether you continue using MQ2 until a new, undetectable version is released, but, the general consensus among the admins/mods and the devs of many sites is to stop all use of MQ2 until an undetectable version is released that you have access to.

SOE will never suspend/ban all MQ2 users, becose of large number of those.It's unprofitable step.As long you don't use MQ2 for active hacks and macro boting, you will be prety much safe.And most ppl use MQ2 for map/spellinfo/targeting purpose wich do give you advantage, but not breaking game balance like active hacks.
I personaly keep running MQ2 detectable version and don't warry at all.In worst case i will have good reason to quit the game finally.

Meh, i was going to go quite a bit further than just that and actually deny the sending of any packets that eqgame.exe was sending to sony based on them checking their own functions.
Also TheZ you should know that even the MMOBugs admins, etc have said that there were checks for other detours as well.

I just got word back from Ieatacid, he said he went in and found quite a few more checks than they had originally known about before. Supposedly, Sony had added checks back on the May 16 patch. Ieatacid said he will be releasing a new version of MQ, but it will not have everything patched up just yet.
I will recompile this update Ieatacid makes, untill dkaa looks at the rest, I think we will be okay using MQ.

Last edited:

I was using compile as soon as it was release and have been running 24/7 since. Then I saw the alert here. I figured if they know then they know stopping isnt' going to do a thing for me. Whether I stop for a day or two will most likely not help if they are going to ban me. I don't think being flagged for an hour or flagged for 5 days will really matter in the end. As long as I don't do something that gets me reported and I don't hurt anyone or do something that will give me a hugh edge vs others I think I will be ok at this point. Least that is what I am going with.

Thanks for the information updates Jigs! They are much appreciated! I can already tell you are gonna be a great compiler for the Redguides Crew! =-)

Do appreciate the common sense warnings and the compiles Jigs. Will wait for some word that we can load MQ safely.

On an interesting note....I haven't logged on to EQ since I stopped using MQ2.
Guess my real addiction is MQ2. :p :drink

Hehe, yeah if it isnt for raiding with friends. I hardly log onto EQ anymore when MQ isnt avail. It became a great enjoyment to advance my toons with the help of macro's
and advance the macro's to make my toons as effective as possible, but mostly staying within the limits of what they would be able to do when I would play em solo and with full human focus on em. Only exception is basically the /rezzme feature, which only gives me an advancement in time to rez my grp back once I catched a wipe.

If Sony really wants to ban my accs, well then they will loose 7 accounts being payed for with real good cash and drive me to spend money for my addiction to computergames somewhere else.

We really pose no thread to EQ with useing MQ, actually I see alot of features which first got automated only with MQ being implemented into EQ to get rid of some timewasteing stuff in favor of fun to play.

They will and of course have to fight the active hacks/hackers since they present a force and potential to drive normal players out of the game due to frustration or alike. And thus this means loss in profit for sony.

So in my opinion it is save to use MQ as long as you remain mindful to not piss off other normal players.

For example I allways found it easy to pack my own Grp together and go out do stuff, and naturally other folks came LFG and I put them in my Grp replaceing one of my bots. And wow within 15mins you have a full working Grp without bots, lol. I never got/get Grps faster when I go LFG or start forming a Grp with real players in first place hehe.

Keep that in mind folks dont put yourself out of the community with useing MQ.

And as allways, enjoy Crystane.

I feel the same way, mostly, it's just that I messed up in the past and lost MANY accounts do my retarded usage of active hacks. My current situation provides me a ton of time to play and enjoy the game which I do with and without MQ, however the thought of being on a list of known users (my new accounts) bothers me a bit so in lieu of using it now I will wait and see how it goes.

So anyhow after sniffing packets for over 24 hours with a macro going that calls what people are saying triggers eq's detection as well as loading and unloading multiple different plugins. I haven't found any suspicious packets being sent to sony's server beyond the normal movement, movement tracking, casting spells, autoattack, etc.
So in essence the client knows you're doing something, but its not being sent to sony, at least not as of yet.

and to turn on that functionality is it safe to assume would require a patch from their end that would break MQ anyway?

yeah it would break mq2 as it would have to patch eqgame.exe which means offsets would change, etc.
btw going through a 500+ mb text file on packets takes a LOT longer than I thought it would :D

Maybe it's not sent until Sony servers call for it. Until then, it compiles the information and when it receives the request it uploads the information to Sony. I suggested over at Kenetix that Sony could do something like this:

Just incorperate anti-hack detection code into the eqgame.exe file. When eqgame.exe is initialized, the anti-hack detection loads into memory. Then it sets there and scans all memory for any MQ2 variables and any veriables(alias) that get passed in the same manner as MQ2 variables.

Then, to counter reverse engineering measures, Sony servers randomly pass an algorithm call and a variable for processing to eqgame.exe. Then eqgame.exe then passes an algorithm call and the variable to the anti-cheat. The anti-cheat then uses the appropriate algorithm, from say a subset of 1,000 algorithms, to process the variable and return the output back to eqgame.exe, which in turn sends the output back to Sony. If Sony does not receive the appropriate output from the client - eqgame.exe crashes and notifies Sony of a volation.

This would be a very easy way for GM's to investigate reports of cheating. Instead of constantly monitoring 1,000's of machines, they could simply send the alogorithm call and variable to the client that is under investigation for cheating. This method of detection would allow for Sony to investigate individual reports of cheating without having to worry about massive auto-bannings that would hurt their EQ generated income.

except that it would require eqgame.exe to constantly write everything it finds into files. Not to mention that if an investigation for cheating happened and the client was not online then they would have no data. Plus withing a 24 hour period you'd think it would have called for it at least once if that theory was correct :)

Good point Siddin. It's not storing the data because as you said it would require that that information be stored in a file somewhere. However, it could be an active detection system that runs while the client is logged in that is not being called by Sony servers yet.

I have updated the zips to version MQ2-20070707. I have added MQ2Pop to the compile. Please see read the new notes at the top of my thread.

Enjoy.

Re: Jigs21 Compile V2.2

Thanks to you both for working so hard on that. I admire that kind of persistance, I would have been blowing bubbles by now and getting carried away on a stretcher. :D

/redcent to ya.
/cheers :drink

siddin said:
So anyhow after sniffing packets for over 24 hours with a macro going that calls what people are saying triggers eq's detection as well as loading and unloading multiple different plugins. I haven't found any suspicious packets being sent to sony's server beyond the normal movement, movement tracking, casting spells, autoattack, etc.
So in essence the client knows you're doing something, but its not being sent to sony, at least not as of yet.

In almost 4 hours of sniffing packets while I was at class tonight..

A full MQ chat window of detection packets sent.. imagine that....

- Galuvwen

and that means??

I can compile and I can modify macros at a low level but when you guys start sniffing packets I get lost

JCasper said:
In almost 4 hours of sniffing packets while I was at class tonight..

A full MQ chat window of detection packets sent.. imagine that....

- Galuvwen

So you saw packets that sent everything that was in the MQ chat window? Any idea of when it occurred? And to what servers?

I'm pretty sure he means that in four hours he saw enough detection packets sent that it filled up the MQ window

I noticed you still havn't included a docrack.ini file yet. I havn't seen the Offsets Thread updated in a while either... any eta on when you can get the offsets updated? Specificially no melee push / swap while casting / no blind / no accel / show spells / evirofall / use hotkeys / etc...

Redcent inc anyways, more after you update offsets! :D

Thanks for the comments, patch in 2 hours. NERFED!

Say, hey!

Hear the sound of the falling rain
Coming down like an Armageddon flame (Hey!)
The shame
The ones who died without a name.

Jigs21 Compile V2.2 (NURHURFED)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back