• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Jigs21 Compile V2.2 (NURHURFED) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jigs21 Compile V2.1

This is a quote from ieatacid on the MQ2 forums: The newest compile should be good now though ..'MQ2-20070707', not sure if Jigs has updated yet....

I had to make it so we're not calling EQ's get_melee_range function (the client is checking what functions are calling that function). For now it returns 14.0. This will be temporary.

Edit: To be clear, get_melee_range is called by spawn.MaxRange, spawn.MaxRangeTo, and the map plugin calls it if you have the map filter TargetMelee enabled. Some plugins might also use this function.

ATTENTION:

It has been reported, that SOE has introduced a new dectection method for Macroquest2. I recommend to not load Macroquest2 at all. They have the ability to detect any version of Macroquest at this time. This means just loading it can get you suspended/banned. I will not take the compile down, because I'm not going to pull a TurkReno, but keep in mind I have warned you and it is your own choice to accept or ignore my warning.

All usage of this compile is done so at the sole risk of the user. Furthermore, by using this compile you acknowledge that you assume all risks and agree not to hold Redguides and its staff liable for anything that may occur to your account during the usage of this compile.

That being said, I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Jigs.

Is there any more info on this? For some reason this patch I am more wary than usual..

Word on the street from my line of info is that they may also have a detection for directories. I recommend the removal of any folders that you may have versions of MQ2 in as well.

derekrh said:
Word on the street from my line of info is that they may also have a detection for directories. I recommend the removal of any folders that you may have versions of MQ2 in as well.

They cannot do that.

Technically speaking or theoretically? Punkbuster has had this functionality for years. WoW has this functionality. Other games and anti-cheat software might have it.

If you mean by legally, it probably is a grey area

No, actually its a very black and white area. At one point in time sony sent out a rootkit with one of their updates. It did much like what you are saying and also made some things invisible so that people didn't know what was happening. They got sued for it and lost. They immediately gave out a patch to remove the rootkits from the affected systems.

thats simple if they can detect what programs your running do like I have been doing since i started using mq2 and that is rename it to a different program name like calendar, that way when they look at processes they see calendar running and not mq2. And for the directories you should be smart enough not to name the folder your using to mq2 you name is something different.

I used to use MSX for BF2, and we did a couple things to get around Punkbuster. rename all files, inject each file with random bits of code chaning file sizes and each file size would be intrinsically different, and it worked for a good period of time until Punkbuster found out some other way of detection. It is always a cat and mouse game, but I wasn't aware of the lawsuit about the rootkit thing.

Word on the street is the detection has been active on live servers since June 6th... lol so all of this is pretty much a moot point if that's true.

Hasn't anyone else been noticing a decided lack of bannings for quite a while? Maybe they're just compiling data for one massive MQ2 sweep.

That'd be pretty fun, wouldn't it?

Sum1 said:
Word on the street is the detection has been active on live servers since June 6th... lol so all of this is pretty much a moot point if that's true.

Hasn't anyone else been noticing a decided lack of bannings for quite a while? Maybe they're just compiling data for one massive MQ2 sweep.

That'd be pretty fun, wouldn't it?

To bad "word on the street" is unrealiable.

agentxavier said:
Thats what the mods said on mmobugs.

Some of detour checks have been around since than. The new checks added with the last patch was checks to see if the caller address is below 0x650000ish.

All these checks are avoidable with patching of the appropriate functions and modification of the detour detection array ( basically an array of 0x2b bools for whether or not the function is ok ). There is 8 or 9 packets that send 4 byte chunks of this array to the server.

Jigs21 said:
derekrh said:

They cannot do that.

^---- What he said. Realistically thats only going to happen if a process in that MQ folder is running. I personally don't even keep this stuff on the same HDD as my EQ install, but thats completely irrelevant. If they started a search for a specific file/file type that had to search thoroughly through 100GB-250GB HDD's it'd be a looong ass time before the algorithm found what it was looking for. Its not impossible, just very unrealistic. The search alone would also have noticeable effects on the machine you're running EQ on and would be pretty easy to stop if it was started by a separate process (not eqgame.exe for obvious reasons).

Last edited:

Soe needs to come to the reality that mq2 will be around as long as EQ. Most of us have multiple accounts which Soe can't afford to loose due to the fact that we're probably half of them. If they would just implement some of the functionallty of mq2 instead of always trying to ban everyone for using it, EQ would prbably prosper again instead of becoming a thing of the past. If I get a account banned, there goes 9 accounts, how many would they loose if they ban you?

So is there a 2.2 coming soon from the newer version ? Or are we just waiting and watching ?

Heh I still got 2.0 running....but I haven't done anything but use traders in the baz

I had to dust off my copy of VS in order to compile my own, Jigs zip does not use the latest one yet so still waiting on that. All I have is lowbie toons atm anyway so map functionality is good enough for me.

Ok do you all know that the latest zip is still not safe? I am compiling the new one now, but it will make no difference in my original post about Macroquest detection.

Sorry, I thought from what I read that it was, if thats the case I won't be using that one either

I will add MQ2Pop to this zip, let me know if you want to see anything else in the zip.

I hate to sound like the newb that I am but, is the current compile on page 1 ready to use or is it still more dangerous then normal. I understand that "enhancing my game play" always carries some risk. However, I am only a causual player and don't want risk my only account with unusually high chance of detection. Is it safe to load macroquest and run generic macros like combine and forage? I see posts about another compile, but am confused whether it has been posted yet or not.

Any version of Macroquest 2 at the moment is not safe. The compile, that you are speaking of is when people thought MQ developers had fixed the problem, and wanted me to compile it. It has not been fixed, so untill it gets fixed, I wont post another compile. I am sure the developers at MQ2 are working on the problem.

Man this sucks. I only use MQ2 for map, item info, and spell info now anyways, but the fact they can detect it for even just that really blows. Especially as I used it last night on a raid. I'd deliberately gotten used to no warp or any other active hacks a long time ago, but damn, I really am gonna miss the map, not to mention being able to right click on spell buffs in the buff window to get the actual spell info. Damn I love that ability! Will be waiting with abated breath for a new compile.

I'm a lot less happy with SOE right now than normally. They go and screw the game up with a new patch that causes the kinds of problems one expects from an expansion launch, and then they get sneaky and throw in a new detection method. EQ is fast becoming the definition of "not fun" in my book.

I have a question I have never used mq2melee but decided to try it out... was ok but think i need to edit the .ini file, but i don't have an .ini file. I tried /melee save to create a .ini file but it didn't that i can find. Infact anything typed /melee ##### it just echo's it in the mq window something like /domelee save maybe mq2 before the / anyway any help would be appreciated.

I don't see any warnings on real MQ2 forums though, nor has anyone reported any bannings.

I just see a note to use latest 070707 zip at: http://macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11451&start=120

Without quoting directly from MMOBUGS can someone go more into detail why plain vanilla use of MQ2 would be dangerous now?

This would be a big change from the status quo of "plain vanilla MQ2 use will never get you banned, other players and your own stupidity will".

there was one post on the MQ2 boards that I had quoted earlier apparantly they can check to see what functions are being called when they shouldnt be called and can determine that that indicates MQ being loaded. They never talk about what they are doing so at this point I'm going on what Jigs has to say and not using it until.

The 'new' (as of last month) detection methods determine whether or not eq functions are begin detoured (watered down). What this basically means, and i believe someone on this site said it already, even using the chat window detours normal eq functions and flags you. What ieatacid posted means that the last patch, a few days ago, added checks to see what was calling eq's get_melee_range function, and if it wasn't a valid, eq function that was calling, a flag would be set off. Until this detection is worked around (by someone on here or from mq2) you can't do anything but wait unless you can help.

Doesn't the latest source 20070707 address these issues? I noticed the current compile is based off of the "c" source still.

Aye, I would very much like to see a compile based off 20070707 source, even if it is still risky it apparently fixes at least one issue (get melee range thing).

MQ2 boards haven't posted any warnings. You would see a LOT of screaming if people were being banned/suspended across various boards(ie like this March).

If one was being paranoid, one could assume SOE is only collecting information on who is using MQ2 for time being, but let's not think of that. :)

It addresses that one issue but it seems they have more than one way of doing it, and there is more than just the map calling that function.

Jigs21 Compile V2.2 (NURHURFED)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back