• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Software items.txt (used for MQ2LinkDB) (1 Viewer) 2021-07-02

Ladon

Birthplace: Grobb
RedCents
6,538¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Ladon submitted a new resource:

MQ2ItemDB required items.txt file - Items.txt file to enable MQ2ItemDB's search functions

This file is only available in other formats so it's posted here in raw txt format for easy access to the userbase.
Further (outdated at the moment) instructions for MQ2LinkSB are available here.

Unzip this folder into your root VeryVanilla folder and then follow the Instructions.

Read more about this resource...

Whoops, I'm not perfect and it was around 2AM in the morning. I grabbed the zip as it existed in my folder instead of the current one- updating now.

I'm always striving for perfection and have fallen short.

Thanks for working through this with me Redbot! It's going to be handy to have a live version available without manual intervention. ♥
Now to nudge Knightly into updating LinkDB~

Last edited:
There's a large number of CoV items that aren't in the file, and I'm not sure if it's been updated in several months. Is this something that is still maintained? I see that there's better support for this in MQNext.

It was updated via a script but the source data changed its format and so the updates stopped flowing. The version available seems to be the last one that will work with Legacy VV.

@Redbot since Next has enhancements and supports the new version can we kick this back on?

Despite updating the items.txt manually (it was last updated automatically yesterday) and having it be like 109 MB in size in my MQNext\resources\ folder, the /link command only gives 160 items. With MQ2 it's got everything.
1635439817321.png
items.txt (133080 rows + 1 header row at the top)
ItemDB.txt (764 rows)
MQ2LinkDB.txt (186 rows)

None of these are 160 rows of items, so I am a little perplexed.

Also, same as mentioned previously, I liked it going to one of my main chat windows instead of the MQ2 window, due to how fast that window is populating with content (especially when running KissAssist). Having it be a chat filter option to send to a specific window would be sweet, unsure if that is possible though.

Also, same as mentioned previously, I liked it going to one of my main chat windows instead of the MQ2 window, due to how fast that window is populating with content (especially when running KissAssist). Having it be a chat filter option to send to a specific window would be sweet, unsure if that is possible though.

This feedback has been noted. The reason for it going to the chat window originally was because MQ2 hadn't figured out how to make usable item links. When we added usable item links to the console and mq2 window in mqnext we decided to pull the output out of the main chat window so that it was consistent with the rest of the experience.

I think having some flexibility over where the output goes is a general problem for all plugins, especially with noisy neighbors (*cough* KA *cough*) so we want to think up a general solution that doesn't involve special cases to a variety of plugins. I hope you understand.

Software items.txt (used for MQ2LinkDB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back