• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Issues with NoDelay (1 Viewer)

hotdog

RedCents
I noticed some odd things last night while PLing a toon in Fit Pits instance. The first thing I noticed is that I am being hammered. Last week I rarely got hit, but it seems like every time I start a NoDelay macro (and I am using 4 different ones), 2-3 other mobs come running over and beat the cap out of me. Now I am used to the mob I am whacking getting a shot in here and there, but not having all his buddies trounce my ass at the same time. This throws a huge wrench in my PLing scheme because my Monk is forced to rest it out because mend and heal potions are already expended at this point in time.

Has anyone noticed a difference in getting hit from last week to this week?

Also, I noticed that the auto target select would stick on one particular mob and would not attack. I would target another mob from the map, it would die, and then it would automatically cycle back to the Peon and not do a damn thing.

Anyone else having that sort of issue?

The last issue I noticed that I have never had happen before (perhaps it was just a fluke) was my Disciple’s Aura was stuck in trying to cast. Over and over it would try to cast and the macro prevented me from doing anything else…including /camp or clicking on the rock to zone out. That may have been a one-time fluke, but it still freaked me out after everything else I mentioned above happening inside of an hour.

I am just wondering if any of you are seeing any differences in your NoDelay macros since the patch.

Yea, im getting fucking slaughtered no matter what, raid mobs ect.... And im not having the afk shit, prob cause that mob is in the 800 or what ever is set rad where not too hit, just camp in and out if you stop hitting

unload mq2fps
and anythign else thats not being used atm, you need like no lag.

I can do lvl 70fabled in a few seconds hardly no dmg taken.
(testing to scared to stay in zone long)

I'v had a few cases where mobs run to me, but just target then and kill the bastages lol

Tried that also , nothing is working and apprently it isnt the GK's im using since other people who have them work fine, i tried it on a different computer he died also, im using the level 55 aura at 72, so i soloed all the missions i need to do the egg mission now, its time to update but still i remeber i had a problem with this before and it fixed it self but its still liek this

Now that i think of it, everytime this happened i installed magelo and java, now this shouldent effect it at all but everytime installed it i recall shit fucking up so im gonig to remove it and see what happened

They used to work very well, i did a restore and that dident do shit, im using the 55 aura at 71 so that might have somthing to do with it, i started at 72 and im down to 70 again, this is how bad it is, this is the 2nd time i went from 72 almost 73 all teh way down to almost 69

I have a 75 Monk but I am using the level 55 aura. I run EQ on a decked out XPS 700 and cable modem, so I really don't have any lag to speak of.

I'll take a look at the plugins I have in the background and turn a few of them off to see if that helps any.

Speaking of killing raid mobs...I was recently in Skyfire. The zone was totally empty (it was at 3am PST). The Fabled Talendor was up and I wanted to see if I could take him. I targetted him, turned on my NoDelay macro, he went to 99%, and that was it...he just stayed at that health. Anyone else try him and succeed?

You need to turn up your number of hits per strike...

But as it is, you're having problems that sound like lag-related issues, so maybe you should consider turning up your delay.

It seems your macro is flawed. No problems at all here. The other thing is that if you are to clse to a mob it will run and agro you. I set min to 800 units and have no problems at all. When regular xping i dont get hit. Raid mobs ever once in a while ill take a hit but nothin major

yea, well i formatted and switched back to Xp, right now vista isnt running at keey, it seems its a bit of a mem whore, and right now theres no point, because directx10 isnt even out yet so ill see what happeneds when i get eq isntalled

Yeah, your problem was Vista. If you could of told us that, it would have been a little more easier for me to help.

When I was a 5.2k unbuffed monk, I had alot of problems with getting hit. After getting some gear, and being full anguish and other pieces, you get the Mods you need for Dodge, Avoidance, Parry, Block, and all of those other nice things, you won't get hit as much.

Defensive AA's help alot with the whole evasion thing and taking less damage obviously. Secondly, you could also get some offensive AA's that allow you to avoid ripostes.

I am just speaking from experience, you have not given me much info on your situation so this is the best I can do for you right now. Goodluck on trying these things out.

(Just so you know, your Vista key is crap now. You have to go get another one)

Im at a lower lvl in usage of this program, how do i use the plugins.. are monks the only class that can solo these raid mobs.. i just want to kill light blues, fabled, and blues solo... im not sure where to go to for help.
If you could point me into the right direction would be cool.

Issues with NoDelay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back