• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
ISBoxer [Paid]

Software ISBoxer [Paid] (1 Viewer) 42.9.0107.1

Thanks for all the feedback guys - really What I'm seeing as the common thread here, is that the visualization of all toons is the biggest selling point.

I am tempted to try it, but that means I might have to score a 2nd monitor or a TV to hook up to then!

Thanks for all the feedback guys - really What I'm seeing as the common thread here, is that the visualization of all toons is the biggest selling point.

I am tempted to try it, but that means I might have to score a 2nd monitor or a TV to hook up to then!

If you are just stacking full screen windows ISBoxer might be a waste, but you can configure it to have say 9 characters on a second monitor in matrix format scaled down 1/9th of the screen x9 = Awesomeness. Click one character in matrix to bring it full screen on the main monitor is the selling point of ISBoxer for me. With MQ2 I don't really care for any of the other bells and whistles folks have set up.

yeah - thats exactly my thought, I am tempted to try it just for the visualization. but the cheap side in me says, " is it worth it for 50$ per year"

yeah - thats exactly my thought, I am tempted to try it just for the visualization. but the cheap side in me says, " is it worth it for 50$ per year"

Your cheap side must never have used ISBoxer.

I used to just use windowed eq and alt+tab through the instances when I needed to swap to other toons. ISBoxer was a freaking game changer. I don't know how I didn't use it before. I also got into EQBC not too long before that, so between ISBoxer and EQBC my everquest experience changed forever (also the reason why I went from five toons to six toons to eight toons to 15).

1 piece of hardware allows easy hotkeying to 1 button for switching to each toon - 81yT-jBZ1NL._SL1500_.jpg

If you want more than 18 you can switch with 1 button to the next 18, there are 3 banks of 18 , so can hotkey up to 54 toons on one keyboard and no more than 2 buttons to get to anyone of them. You just have to get creative of the hotkey combinations.

i dont touch eqbc, to dumb to get it working, and if i had it working im not sure what i would do with it seeing as how i dont do the afk thing much. now isboxer is a godsend. i play when mq2 is down just fine with the in game macros and isboxer broadcasting, plus my mouse and keyboard

isboxer is nice hands down for window viewing, but I also use mine for the keys 1 thru = and use the broadcast ability, I set the boxes to either mac or end, stick to my tank and general auto follow, mount, sit, cast a certain spell like evac, or anything I can think of, then on my main screen use dummy buttons to remind myself of what ive placed on the boxes screen.. its just all preference lol

i dont touch eqbc, to dumb to get it working, and if i had it working im not sure what i would do with it seeing as how i dont do the afk thing much. now isboxer is a godsend. i play when mq2 is down just fine with the in game macros and isboxer broadcasting, plus my mouse and keyboard

They do pretty much the same exact thing. EQBC has slightly more EQ customizeability which is nice but it lacks keybroadcasting/usefulness for every MMORPG.

I've read into EQBC and all it can do when I picked up MQ2 for the first time and I have even asked EQBC Veterans "What can it do that isboxer cannot?" and none of them have ever been able to list anything other than quality of life things. Such as, if you get a tell you can get it to text/email your phone (great for AFKers I guess). You can also control your bots through your phone (another great thing for AFKers I guess).

The one area Isboxer far outshines EQBC is the delay in reaction time. EQBC is a text based program which, typing, by default is slower than just turning on broadcasting and hitting keys. Situations sometimes arise "in the moment" where you're forced to do something at what I like to call a "situation critical moment". You have 10 seconds where you must think and act or you die.

Isboxer would allow you to do less to have your characters do what you want. (Anyone who has used isboxer without EQBC knows what I am talking about) Broadcasting is superior for these moments. As is being able to see all your characters. I wouldn't be able to drive my car without my side and rear view mirrors. Boxing without being able to see your whole team is limiting yourself just like removing your mirrors would do while driving.

EQBC will always be slower than Isboxer and it will hinder a player's reaction time because it has more precursors to sending commands to all clients. Usually multiple words that could all be mistyped in a panic.

I always have a fond memory of one of my buddies on some PoSky island running forward with ISboxer on - and subsequently running most of his guys in different directions off the cliff =D

As sum said, It TBH is my cheap side - I think lurk and everyone make a good point that its faster, and nice to be able to switch screens faster. BUT i just dont see it making that much of a difference. maybe I should bite the bullet and give it a try.

I always have a fond memory of one of my buddies on some PoSky island running forward with ISboxer on - and subsequently running most of his guys in different directions off the cliff =D

I have do similar on many occasions =P

As sum said, It TBH is my cheap side - I think lurk and everyone make a good point that its faster, and nice to be able to switch screens faster. BUT i just dont see it making that much of a difference. maybe I should bite the bullet and give it a try.

If you're worried about spending the 50$/year (about .15c a day) then you're never going to be happy with your purchase. Just from personal experience people that frugal usually don't like spending money on things that they don't absolutely need. I'm not trying to be rude, it's your money you can do whatever you want with it. I grew up with a dad who pinched pennies and every time we forced/bugged/pressured him to spend his money on something to improve his quality of life it always backfired. He ended up hating the product cause he was stubborn and didn't really 'need it' - he always said 'yea it's nice and all but I would rather have my money back'.

the way i play eq, isboxer is needed. ill never go back to alt tab and the nicety is the ability to still play when mq2 is down, mq2 is the fluff for me (very nice fluff but not needed). that being said i find myself playing less when mq2 is down, maybe its morphing my play style to the needed point?

isboxer is nice hands down for window viewing, but I also use mine for the keys 1 thru = and use the broadcast ability, I set the boxes to either mac or end, stick to my tank and general auto follow, mount, sit, cast a certain spell like evac, or anything I can think of, then on my main screen use dummy buttons to remind myself of what ive placed on the boxes screen.. its just all preference lol

Redcented just because I like your avatar pic

Blahblahblah I don't use how to use EQBC but I KNOW it sucks!

I love how you seem to always advocate one over the other like you can't just use both...... :rolleyes:

One of the threads you mention about asking veterans about EQBC, they told you tons of things it can do that isboxer broadcast cannot, and you pretty much just said NAHHHH THAT AINT TRUE.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or just trying to start arguments for no reason lol.

:bang:

(Misinformation based purely off opinion really annoys me, sorry)

ok ill list 3 things it can do that eqbc cant do: 1 keeps ur toons on screen, 2 fixes a "spot" for each window which never changes, 3 u can use it even when mq2 is down

and one key thing that is an advantage, its legality is not in question in reguards to the game

ok ill list 3 things it can do that eqbc cant do: 1 keeps ur toons on screen, 2 fixes a "spot" for each window which never changes, 3 u can use it even when mq2 is down

and one key thing that is an advantage, its legality is not in question in reguards to the game

You're correct, but it should be noted that those functions aren't unique to ISBoxer. You can use WinEQ, which is created by the same guy, is free, and does all 3 of those things (one of them to a lesser extent).

I love how you seem to always advocate one over the other like you can't just use both...... :rolleyes:

One of the threads you mention about asking veterans about EQBC, they told you tons of things it can do that isboxer broadcast cannot, and you pretty much just said NAHHHH THAT AINT TRUE.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or just trying to start arguments for no reason lol.

:bang:

(Misinformation based purely off opinion really annoys me, sorry)

Well first I would like to say please stop putting words in my mouth. I have never said EQBC was bad. I never said the people who used it were bad and I have never said you can't use both programs.

I would never tell someone something isn't true based solely on my own opinion (without outright stating it was my opinion). I only form my opinions with evidence. I also almost always say when I am unsure of something or when I could be wrong. That being said...

When people in the other thread you're mentioning spoke of EQBC they generally missed the point. They mentioned minor things it can do differently or ways EQBC can perform the same tasks as Isboxer. I know all of these things already. My argument in the other thread was the same one I use in the paragraph below.

I gave my example, the critical situation where you have a limited amount of time to act. With ISboxer it will take less effort to send a command to all of your clients (and as far as I know that's a fact). Therefore, players using isboxer will be able to react marginally faster than those who use EQBC in critical situations. This MAY not be useful to you but that doesn't change anything. Since EQBC is a text based program without key broadcasting it will take more time to send a command that must be typed out to all of your clients than Isboxer. Can anyone prove that this is wrong/untrue? I'm asking sincerely.

Another thing is Isboxer lets you see all of your clients at the same time. This is another big deal and I feel my car/driving analogy was perfect for this case. Even if it isn't - I will argue that being able to see each client helps and cuts down with inventory messes/days you have to clean out your junk and spend time muling/setting up traders and doing that crap. It will save you hours of time being able to see all your screens at once if you add up the minutes over the weeks/months. Being able to see each client has uses we all can agree are great. However, I personally feel that being able to see each client would make you better as well in combat situations, as it would with driving and having side/rear view mirrors. I can't prove this point but I have more evidence that proves it's true (being able to see your surroundings has always been a bonus for humans) than you do to prove it's untrue.

These two things are my two main points and you can argue about them if you want but unless you have evidence to back up what you're saying you're just being a hypocrit and a bigot.

Ever since the other thread it seems like you have some sort of personal issue with me. I guess it happened because all you saw me saying is you could be a worse player for using just EQBC and not Isboxer. Which... isn't what I was saying at all. I said both programs have their uses and I laid out the different facts on each programs limitations, strengths and weaknesses.

You're the one who singled me out looking for an argument by telling me what I said was 'misinformation' and was an opinion.

Last edited:
Your issue with me is the fact that I am willing to say ISboxer allows you to be more skilled (because it does) and I have provided much evidence in the previous thread arguing with you to back myself up. I've never said someone can't use both but I have instead laid out different reasons to use one program or the other (their strengths and weaknesses). Most* of these aren't my opinions these are facts and I really don't care if you wish to argue about them or don't want to believe me. Your personal feelings are your problem - not my own.

This is the crux of my issue right here. Again, as I stated above, you imply that you just simply shouldn't use both and solely use one over the other (even contradicting yourself), as if using both isn't an option. I dislike the fact that you try to deter and dissuade people who legitimately don't know (just like you've said in the past that you don't), that they shouldn't bother.

Frankly, MOST (see, this is me subtitling stating that there are great functions ISBoxer has to offer) you describe in my opinion, is EASIER with EQBC. If not easier, most fine-tunable. This is what annoys me. Just because you personally don't like it doesn't mean it sucks and is inferior. Many people have told you in various threads the advantages and you choose to ignore them to fit your narrative. Stop telling people to avoid using something that is proven to be extremely powerful simply because you don't like it.

I feel like it's a negative impact here on these forums to do these types of things simply because you personally prefer one thing over another. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm simply stating that telling people not to use one of the strongest plugins available to a multi-boxer that MQ2 has is pretty stupid.

Hopefully you can understand my point of view on this matter, as maybe it wasn't obvious before.

Edit*

As I've said before, I used to heavily use ISBoxer. It's great for what it does. If someone wants to pay for it, by all means get it. It'll help you out with many things for mass boxing. I only don't use it anymore because I can get by with what I do these days without the $50 a year fee on a 18 year old game. In fact most people could easily get by without it. They should also learn how to use EQBC though. It's extremely powerful if used correctly.

I will say though, out of all the features, the one I miss the most is virtualized INIs. :sweat:

I'm sure I'm not saying anything new here, but I've played with just WinEQ2 Lite and ISBoxer. I can play just fine either way, but ISBoxer is nice for the extra windows. That's the main thing I use it for, most of the other parts can be replicated with MQ2EQBCS.

This is the crux of my issue right here. Again, as I stated above, you imply that you just simply shouldn't use both and solely use one over the other (even contradicting yourself), as if using both isn't an option. I dislike the fact that you try to deter and dissuade people who legitimately don't know (just like you've said in the past that you don't), that they shouldn't bother.

Sorry I honestly have no idea where you're getting this from. You seem to be picking and choosing my words to fit your narrative which is exactly what you're accusing me of. I don't really know where all these accusations are coming from and I really am questioning the type of person you view me as. To me, it kind of feels like because you disagree with me you're picking a fight with me.

TFrankly, MOST (see, this is me subtitling stating that there are great functions ISBoxer has to offer) you describe in my opinion, is EASIER with EQBC. If not easier, most fine-tunable. This is what annoys me. Just because you personally don't like it doesn't mean it sucks and is inferior. Many people have told you in various threads the advantages and you choose to ignore them to fit your narrative. Stop telling people to avoid using something that is proven to be extremely powerful simply because you don't like it.

I don't suggest EQBC is inferior and I have never ignored peoples input because "it didnt fit my narrative". Here is a link to the other thread where you suggest I ignore people and I don't. Maybe you think because I was getting frustrated in that thread I was ignoring people. Which, you'd be incorrect. I was getting frustrated because everyone was trying to tell me how to box raids that I have boxed for years and they were assuming (without boxing the raids themselves) they could do it with solely EQBC. That's an opinion founded upon no evidence. If that's what you're speaking of then yes, I will ignore someone that gives me an opinion with no evidence.

It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. - I'm just a different opinion. If everyone here advocated for EQBC and praised it then there would be less opportunities to learn as a community. I disagree with you where you say what I am doing has a negative impact on the forums. It's good to have multiple different views on the same subject! I don't personally dislike EQBC and I understand that it's an amazing program for EQ (it was made solely for EQ after all). I saw that this thread was filled with people saying what made EQBC great so I came in and made a post or two about the (few) things I know Isboxer does better. After all, this thread is an ISboxer thread =P

However, if you feel I am that type of person then there's no way I can change those feelings in the length of this post. So, I will (hopefully) refrain from arguing with you further and I will just have to leave it to others to decide on if I am the person you say I am

Last edited:
Software ISBoxer [Paid]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back