• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - ISBoxer and MQ2 playing not playing nicely any longer (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
539¢
Recently, about 3-5 weeks back, I started to notice that ISBoxer can no longer launch the game clients if I have MQ2 running. It acts like it is going to launch the game but it never does. As soon as I remove MQ2 from the system tray, ISBoxer will run and start the eqgame.exe for the char slot I have configured. This use to work just fine but some where it got broke. Any one seen this issue or have any ideas how I can go about trying to find out what is causing this?

Replied on that thread, what Casca described is exactly what I am dealing with. I also tried removing the ini file but it doesnt fix the issue. I posted a support thread for ISBoxer and they (Lax) didnt have any ideas... I wonder if the the ISBoxer is now checking to see if the MQ2 app is running and if so wont launch the toons. I did get some slack and negativity about MQ2 when talking to them, suggesting they dont support or like "bot" software lol

Well I just updated both Isboxer and Mq2, and this is happening to me, as of this morning. So its something very recent since it worked fine yesterday. for a while now, months perhaps, I've had to load MQ2 first, because after I loaded Isboxer and all my characters, then started MQ2, all my clients would crash on me. By loading Mq2 first, they all opened fine and were ready to go. Now I cant do either.

Can confirm. Maybe MQ2autologin is the issue? With both MQ and ISB loaded I can't launch the game through innerspace. With no MQ I can launch game fine with ISB. However, I can load it, at least one char, and then load MQ2 and I don't crsh.

This is going to be a PITA when one client crashes, its going to cause a cascade of aggravation when we gotta unload mq2 to reload that one client, and in past experiences this causes the rest of the clients to crash- that wastes a lot of time.

@Redbot I hope you're looking into this, this seems to be a widespread issue. I can't find a work around- already had one client crash upon loading. I had to /bcaa //unload. then exit mq2. then load that one client, and restart Mq2. Luckily no other clients crashed on me like they normally would, (all of them would just close), but this is still a major annoyance.

on the one client I had to reload, after starting mq2 again, it said Inject failed and crashed the client again. I hope this gives you enough clues to find out what is conflicting.

The same is happening to me now with the latest very vanilla and an ISBoxer update. Everything was working great for the past month and now I can't run MQ2 while ISB is running.

I'm now also getting completely random crashes when very vanilla is loaded after ISBoxer as well. The client just closes without a message on random characters now. Had several client crashes on 3 different computers now which almost never happened before so something is going on for sure.

@kaos00723 Load all your accounts with isboxer first. then load MQ2 after your characters are in the game. See if that helps. It worked for me, I only had one client crash, but thats more of an isboxer issue.

Also, I think its worth pointing out, that ANYONE that boxes should be running everquest off a solid state drive and not a spinner drive. IF you have a spinner drive, you should upgrade immediately. Accessing the same and multiple files simultaneously is not only slow, its killing the drive. Solid states would improve your loading times and not give you as many (or any) crashes.

I reported this to eqmule and lax after the innerspace update on Tuesday. MQ2Ic expects a window type and Lavish is no longer providing that data to the game so it crashes or doesn't open at all.

MQ2Ic is required. If you want to help troubleshoot this then you may want to reach out to Lax to provide the dump file that's in your Innerspace folder when a game window won't open. He's gotten a couple of me and pushed a development branch update yesterday to hopefully fix it but no dice, sadly.

I reported this to eqmule and lax after the innerspace update on Tuesday. MQ2Ic expects a window type and Lavish is no longer providing that data to the game so it crashes or doesn't open at all.

MQ2Ic is required. If you want to help troubleshoot this then you may want to reach out to Lax to provide the dump file that's in your Innerspace folder when a game window won't open. He's gotten a couple of me and pushed a development branch update yesterday to hopefully fix it but no dice, sadly.

This pretty much explains what seems to be happening to me when using ISBoxer now. I can't even play the game at the moment because of this. Really wish there was a better option than ISBoxer but there really isn't. ;/

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9488#p45329

We are aware of an issue with the popular EQ1 hack software, and I appreciate that you guys understand that the compatibility issue is between Inner Space/ISBoxer and that particular software, however you do not have permission to name or otherwise promote that software or its distributors.

The issue is within the EQ1 hack's "integrity checker" DLL, part of that distribution, that to my knowledge is not open source. When I chatted with the person apparently responsible for it, he didn't seem to understand what I was explaining to him about the crash, despite him having the same crash dump I had been given. I detailed basically a specific line of code, where that line of code is in his source code, and what the crash is. He seemed uninterested in pursuing the crash and I'm not sure he loaded the .dmp file, he said "I havent changed anything and I doubt you have either". This leads me to believe he has no idea what Inner Space does.

So that's where we're at.

For now I will recommend using the workaround of waiting until the login screen to start your EQ1 hack.

edit: Opening a separate thread with more information, mb on hijacking.​

... why

Those were my crash dumps and I linked Lax and eqmule to look into it. This kind of makes me sad but I've seen that most people don't understand what ISBoxer/Innerspace does or why it's so useful.

I'm excited by Lax saying

however you do not have permission to name or otherwise promote that software or its distributors.

and then the next post says

the game launches with all of my character slots if MQ2 is NOT running

reading is hard.

Same thing is happening to me on my computer that I updated Isboxer on. I have another computer that I did not update and everything EQ and MQ2 related works just fine. Going to try copying from the old version to the non working computer with patching off...

Problem - ISBoxer and MQ2 playing not playing nicely any longer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back