• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - is there a updated macro for maxing out tradeskills? (1 Viewer)

I am new and interested in tradeskills for now specifically smithing. However I would like to know if it is better to level them as you level or wait til max so farming is easier?

Most of the tradeskill macro's I think go back before EQ had the auto combine features. I believe the macro's listed still function and if one does not, you might post in it's thread after confirming you have an issue. Without macro's though, if you get all your stuff together and use the in game auto combine, pretty much automates the process for repeating the combines of your recipe.

I use the Potions.mac, I know it isn't one of the normally considered 'tradeskills' (alchemy) but it still functions. What makes it great is that given the chosen recipe it will purchase all required components and auto-combine. It could be modified for any tradeskill. The only caveat would be to know what components you need and where to get them. If the parts are not vendor purchasable or if the parts are needed from multiple merchants with significant distance/routing between them then it becomes much more complicated. If the vendors needed are all in the same area then the Potions.mac codebase is a great start.

Do the Crescent reach tradeskill quests to get around 20 in each ts, then go get the trophy quests in freeport, once those are done you will be around 50ish in each tradeskill. for blacksmithing bits and barbs will work till 250. Pottery is get the planar tonfa or dagger recipe and try to manually combine it till it works (will get ts level ups on fail with max salvage aa's can save alot of pp this way) those will make an unfired planar weapon which can be sold and max out at 350ish to 400. Pair cooking and fishing together will save some time, take braxil fish and a water pod to make broiled braxil fish trival at 315. those are the ones i remember from about a year ago. once you get one high trivial combine manually then go back to the new ts window and find the combine and favorite it then type /mac combine and let it run and once it runs out of space or materials buy more and sell the made stuff rinse and repeat till done, the trick is to find a cheap high trival combine that doesnt require alot of farming time and subcombines.

I miss the self automated TS Macs. It's a shame that the creator doesn't play anymore. Chances are, they'd be a real pain in the ass to update.

some do work, kinda in a way. most of the way points are off, some npcs have changed inventories, and some will use the wrong containers (even changing them when your supposed to) but the part that needs the most over haul is what to do to get max cheap with what your working with IE salvage aa's draught of the craftsmen, other then that once im done working 2 10 hour a day jobs 7 days a week i will look into these considering my mini razzleish bot army is gonna need TSing done and that aint gonna happen without a helping hand. So to derail this thread and make it productive please all chime in on the cheapest easiest way to get 300 for each trade skill you have used, so your personal path to 300, no wrong answers. I will try and compile a list for each trade skill and try to get an updated macro going

We can start here saar: EQTraders TS Guides 2.0. If it will help, I can consolidate each separate TS into one giant list, will take time but I am willing to do it if it would help. Hell, given enough time, I could filter out all the must-drops, and locate all the vendors (say in one spot i.e. PoK), filter out recipes that require vendors in other zones, etc. It would be a large task, and I suspect there would be holes in the skillups route due to vendor/recipe filtering out.

its setup for Gates of discord zone because no one goes there anymore except to tradeskill, (Abysmal Sea). it would be like i had said in my post blacksmithing is bits and barbs which is all farmable and simple, can buy the stuff in the bazaar. poison making is all store bought just find the spiderbite XX i think is trivial at 400ish and is only 50pp a combine i think roughly might be alot less mostly the vials are the expensive part. so kinda like 3 paths so to speak, cheap vender to 300 (if able), bazaar to 300, or not so cheap "our pockets run as deep as razkle" vender/bazaar to 300.

Question - is there a updated macro for maxing out tradeskills?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back