• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - is there a plugin / script that can keep you from going afk? (1 Viewer)

knightdane

RedCents
262¢
Basically i would love to keep my toons logged in to do overseer, but i can't seem to find anything that helps me keep them active.
i tried searching but all that comes up are people getting logged out due to subscription lapse or getting caught by gm's...

any mods or scrips or anything that can help keep your characters going? (i don't want them grinding stuff while i sleep)

and even something that can have them logout for the night once they have done overseer?

Basically i would love to keep my toons logged in to do overseer, but i can't seem to find anything that helps me keep them active.
i tried searching but all that comes up are people getting logged out due to subscription lapse or getting caught by gm's...

any mods or scrips or anything that can help keep your characters going? (i don't want them grinding stuff while i sleep)

and even something that can have them logout for the night once they have done overseer?
what does "keep them active" look like to you ?

why are your toons logging out?

I'm guessing you're on a tlp that has the "idle too long and get booted".

I would imagine they'd have removed them with truebox restriction removal - so are you trying to circumvent MQ usage on a truebox server? if not, i'd suggest making sure there is an eq bug that they didn't remove the afk kick thing.

"regular" servers don't kick your toons for standing around and scratching their butts.

Yeah, I was going to say I have never gotten disconnected scratching my butt.

And someone letting a sub lapse is just newbie error. I mean if your paying with Krono just pay one day before the last time you paid since the date changes or send your self an email to tell you when to pay.

One option is if you know how long Overseer is taking then you can set windows to do an automatic shut down which would also disconnect you from the game.

what does "keep them active" look like to you ?

why are your toons logging out?

I'm guessing you're on a tlp that has the "idle too long and get booted".

I would imagine they'd have removed them with truebox restriction removal - so are you trying to circumvent MQ usage on a truebox server? if not, i'd suggest making sure there is an eq bug that they didn't remove the afk kick thing.

"regular" servers don't kick your toons for standing around and scratching their butts.
to me keeping active is basically doing a single key press once every 15 mins...

but i haven't tested if they removed the afk kick from the recently non truebox servers. So i'll check that out.
haven't played on live in so many years i forgot you don't get kicked on afk on those servers.

but no, no circumvention.

Question - is there a plugin / script that can keep you from going afk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back