• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is there a more accurate way to detect buffs/debuffs? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
I'm trying to detect when my bard should reuse Boastful Bellow AA. Boastful Bellow applies an 18 second debuff and when the debuff wears off it triggers Boastful Conclusion. Boastful Conclusion is where the majority of the damage from Boastful Bellow is applied.

The AA has an 18 second reuse timer, so in theory it should work out perfectly, whenever it is available to be used 18 seconds has passed the debuff should wear off and trigger Boastful Conclusion. But in practice it does not work that way. The buff doesn't wear off exactly 18 seconds later. And if you recast before the buff wears off then it just refreshes the timer and Boastful Conclusion doesn't trigger. I only want to recast when the buff is NOT on the target.

I tried to detect when the buff is no longer on the target to recast instead, but that also doesn't work. There is some period of time where `${Target.FindBuff[name Boastful]}` will return `NULL` but I can clearly still see the buff on the target window and Boastful Conclusion hasn't triggered yet.

The EQ client knows that the buff is still there, still draws it on the Target window, but `FindBuff` is telling me that it's not there for some reason.

Is there a more accurate way to detect what buffs are actually on the target?

I'm trying to detect when my bard should reuse Boastful Bellow AA. Boastful Bellow applies an 18 second debuff and when the debuff wears off it triggers Boastful Conclusion. Boastful Conclusion is where the majority of the damage from Boastful Bellow is applied.

The AA has an 18 second reuse timer, so in theory it should work out perfectly, whenever it is available to be used 18 seconds has passed the debuff should wear off and trigger Boastful Conclusion. But in practice it does not work that way. The buff doesn't wear off exactly 18 seconds later. I tried to detect when the buff is no longer on the target to recast instead, but that also doesn't work. There is some period of time where `${Target.FindBuff[name Boastful]}` will return `NULL` but I can clearly still see the buff on the target window and Boastful Conclusion hasn't triggered yet.

The EQ client knows that the buff is still there, still draws it on the Target window, but `FindBuff` is telling me that it's not there for some reason.

Is there a more accurate way to detect what buffs are actually on the target?
to compound your situation, there is currently an eq bug that i reported to the official eq discord, who then posted it on my behalf on the dbg forums.

but you're not looking for "FindBuff[blah]" you're wanting "Buff[blah]"

Is it because buff caching is now default so it's looking at what the remaining duration is supposed to be and assuming its gone when the duration expires instead of checking to see if the buff is actually there?

Question - Is there a more accurate way to detect buffs/debuffs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back