• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is it possible to run two EQBCS sessions on same network? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
550¢
Is it possible to run two EQBCS sessions on the same network? Both, my brother and I play and we don't want to send commands across to each other's group by accident. EQBCS sets the default to 127.0.0.1 port 2112. If my brother set's his to something different, will that break connectivity with MQ2?

Is it possible to run two EQBCS sessions on the same network? Both, my brother and I play and we don't want to send commands across to each other's group by accident. EQBCS sets the default to 127.0.0.1 port 2112. If my brother set's his to something different, will that break connectivity with MQ2?

127.0.0.1 is equivalent to saying localhost

Yes it is... use -p 2333 as command line parameter on the 2nd process to have him connect to port 2333 (or whatever you choose).
Just to clarify...you only need to do this if you are running eqbcs on one computer. One would use port 2112, and another could use port 2333.

But if IM reading the original post correctly...you are both running eqbcs on your own PC's. If they are both running on their own PC as local host, then 127.0.0.1:2112 works perfectly.
I do this all the time.

Question - Is it possible to run two EQBCS sessions on same network?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back